AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I open the package, is the Gold Edition an anamorphic release or what? I did a search on this forum and the posts covering this topic have mixed answers. One forum member states "definitely anamorphic", while another member states "definitely non-anamorphic". So what is the real answer? I checked Widescreen Review's review of A Bug's Life Gold Edition and here are their statements under picture quality:

Quote:
The anamorphically enhanced DVD exhibits super sharpness and fine detail. The 2.32:1 DVD has been transferred from the original digital computer source material. The picture exhibits superb image quality in all aspects. The insects are vibrant with exquisite detail and shading. The nighttime scenes appear life-like with superior contrast and "shadow delineation." The picture is solid with no noise or artifacts.

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
If you can find the 2-disc COLLECTOR'S EDITION, snag it. You can probably find if for $39 or less online. And no, it didn't ever retail at $50.

Dan

·
Registered
99 Posts
You wont be disappointed. The anamorphic CE is simply awesome. Many think that Dinosaur or Toy Story 2 are better transfers but Bugs Life CE beats both IMHO.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I purchased the Collector's Edition at Costco a couple months back for $19.95. They also had "Tarzan" and "Dinosaur" Collector's Editions for the same price. I don't know if they still have these or not, but you may want to check before shelling out $30 or more.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.