Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the title says it all.

Will this be shown in HD tonight? I would imagine it would be very good eye candy (nice kid movie too). TitanTV lists as HD ... but as we know, they are often wrong :D

CFC

Edit: ABC.com says yes it will be.... I guess I should have looked there first. Sorry

·
Registered
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tmdorsey
I'm trying to remember has this been shown before and if so was shown OAR? Anybody out there know?
For a movie that is regenerated differently by the producers or Pixar for different aspect ratios, OAR seems like a less than useful criterion unless you want to expand the term to also mean Optimized Aspect Ratio.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Last time "Bug's Life" was shown, it was presented in its OAR of 2.35:1.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
About a month and a half ago ABC and Sleeping Beauty on in hd. It was oar but when they showed Enemy of the State 2 weeks ago it was shown in crop o vision.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We get two ABC affiliates OTA -

WWAY is broadcasting the OAR with surround

WCTI is also broadcasting OAR, but without surround sound

Looks superb on both channels, but the sound really makes a difference.

This is my son's favorite movie, and our DVD is so scratched up that it skips every few minutes. If only I had a HD DVR ...

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Looks great. Nothing like an OTA, hi def, OAR cartoon to restore my confidence in the HD movement! :)

Actually, the PQ is stunning.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
This movie is my personal favorite from Pixar, and I think the DVD is stunning. Is the HD version head & shoulders better than the DVD?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rezzy
This movie is my personal favorite from Pixar, and I think the DVD is stunning. Is the HD version head & shoulders better than the DVD?
Indubitably, or however that word is spelled!

What is exciting, is the fact that someday soon, ALL DVD's can look like this.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
2:35 OAR and Dolby 5.1 in the Quad-Cities. Congrats to WQAD! Absolutely fabulous.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.