AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering adding and A-BUS system for 4 zones. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the system offered by Russound and Channel Vision? Are there any other companies I should consider?

Are there other options (non A-Bus) that are in the same price ballpark that I should consider?

TIA!

-A

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
As the underlying A-Bus technology is the same, the performance will be similar. You should make your decision based on feature sets and price.

Most people find the biggest consideration is ergonomics. Many people get frustrated with basic distributed audio systems as you don't get any feedback or indications of what is going on with the sources.

If it is a very simple system and you are the only one operating it, that may not be an issue for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had not looked at the B&K system, but that seems to be in a different price range. The receiver I presently have a 2nd receiver built in to it for a 2nd zone. Was figuring I could use this and an a-bus system to provide background music to a few main rooms in the house, plus a set of speakers outside. My neighbor's house is fairly close to mine, so the low power shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
103 Posts
You may also want to check out OnQ A-bus products.

You'll find good info and prices at www.diyautomation.com

·
Registered
264 Posts
there are little differences other than looks between all the A-Bus units. Since Russound was the first on the market they have the most options available for expansion. I have not run into any problems mixing and matching brands. In the same price points there is little to compete at the $1000 MSRP price point.

A eight zone amp @ 35 watts/per channel with volume controls would be about the same then add IR repeater system for about a additional $120.

35 watts compared to 3.5 watts. A-Bus has a local input, where the other option would require either RF adapter or running wires back to your source equipment. It is up to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.