Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question:

I'm in the process of getting a BG800 and I have a PC already set up with everything needed for HTPC (WinDVD, PowerDVD, DScaler, Powerstrip, FFdshow, ZoomPlayer, etc.) Anyway, I'D really like to have the PC in another room and be able to have it used while I watch my DVD hours on end on the big screen. So, my question is... Is there a good PQ doubler (or is it tripler?) that I can get CHEAP that I can use to turn my interlaced DVD player to 1280X720 (a good resolution for the Barco) and also upconvert my Dishnetwork too? If it's going to cost too much I'd have to stick with the HTPC. Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm just starting out with a Barco 801S, and I chose a scaler over a HTPC for ease of use by family members. I found an ESI VLS-2000 from ESI on eBay for a real nice price. I think Norman was putting one up for bid about every week, and this one went for less than half of retail. You might want to check it out - Pat

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip! Sounds interesting but $500+, ouch! It would be perfect though. We'll have to see how much the wife wants the computer while I'm watching movies!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.