AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have an SW4. You could use it to switch that I would image if you can figure out how to break out the lines. However theres a lot cheaper solutions out to switch S from a lot of online vendors.

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well s-vid is least of my concerns, only s vid i have is vcr which I dont use much and could use a receiver to switch anyway. my main concern is the vga and component. How many pieces can you hook up to be switched?

Chris

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The back looks like what I have however your best bet is to read the PDF's on extrons site for further details with an exact model number.

They have had several units that look similar. I am not a dealer. You can also call Extron probably monday to ask about daisey-chaining. They are helpful even on obsolete units.

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After trying to find a while back the SW4 component from extron I finally gave up and started reading the manuals in detail on Extrons site. I found that the older SW4 and 6 RGBS and RGBHV works just fine for switching component video and normally come up on ebay all the time and relatively cheap!

Each line is independently switched so you just don't use the 4th or 5th I/O. The only thing to be aware of is the bandwidth of the switch. I don't know what is considered a minimum for HDTV but mine is rated at 300 MGHZ and maybe the 180 MGHZ ones may work fine. Most all are RS232 controllable as well if you want to get fancy.

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for the info I am currently looking into switching units for my lt150. Did you get the sw4? If so how is it? Can I also use this to switch s-video?

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.