Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Locked in:

WHO-DT 19.1 - Des Moines (136 miles)

WHBF-DT 58.1 - Rock Island, IL (36 miles, but broadcasting at 2.2 kw and can't lock in usually)

Right on the verge of locking in:

KCCI-DT 31.1 - Des Moines (136 miles)

WGN-DT 19.1 - Chicago (179 miles)

WCIU-DT 27.1 - Chicago

WMAQ-DT 29.1 - Chicago

WFLD-DT 31.1 - Chicago

WSNS-DT 45.1 - Chicago

WPWR-DT 51.1 - Chicago/Gary, IN

WLS-DT 52.1 - Chicago

So, hopefully the next couple of nights/mornings will prove "fruitful" for pulling in distant DTs.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some call it a curse, I call it a blessing.

I also say "there's NEVER too much HD". lol

Also, where do you live? I live in eastern Iowa. DX conditions must be pretty dang good for you right now.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Halfway between Cinn/Indy on I-74.

The opening this morning was fairly mediocre compared to some in the past.The ballbuster I missed out on was on July 5 '02.Only had 15min to work it,before going to work that morning.Logged KYOU-15(Fox) and WEEK-25 in Peoria had my strong local DT-25 completely wiped out(dt-snow-free).All VHF/UHF channels had strong CCI.When I arrived at work I checked the cable "locals" and they were all torn up.It was the first time I'd seen this in 20+years watching cable here.

Hope it gets this "good" again!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's one thing I have to get in the habit of doing, is not staying up so late on summer nights and getting up for the morning 'openings'.

They sound even better than late night DXes.

I missed out on the first part of the summer last year, but once I started to really get to know about the whole tropo and DX stuff, I stayed up really late one night - I think it was about early to mid-July - and I logged just a barrel-load of analogs from Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin and even a few from Indiana. The channels from Indy I logged were WPTA-21 from Fort Wayne, WTTV-4 from Bloomington (while tuned to ch 29), and WTHR-13 from Indianapolis (while on ch 63).

Later in the summer, I stayed up alot last summer, and I logged many DTs from Des Moines, Minneapolis, Madison, Chicago, Springfield (MO) and Kansas City, MO.

I'm hoping to keep abreast of the best DX conditions this late spring/summer and have the time to log some seriously distant DTs and analogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.