AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. In TT 2.1.1 what exactly does YUV Mixing do and should I turn it on? (Video Card is Geforce 6800GT) also what about NVPP?

2. How do you configure the Nvidia DVD Decoder to output YV12? (I didnt see an option for it anywhere).

3. If I have the processing power, is it better to denoise3d w/ ffdshow before or after the resize?

4. Does anyone else notice when you select the FAST box using Andys 8/2004 ffdshow build that TT 2.1.1 has problems loading? If I uncheck everything works fine (Im using a Athlon 64 939 3500+)

5. I read that Ffdshow is disabled when playing back .TS files but when I have OSD checked it seems to be working when I play .TS files.

Im sure some of this is described elsewhere but I cant seem to locate concise answers (then again its late).

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Lots of questions, many I can't answer!

If you muse denoise3d then qualitywise it would be better to do so after resize. I don't use it so not sure about the problem with FAST mode on Athlons, but I think I did try denoise3d out long ago and didn't like it, not sure if I had fast mode on, but was sure I was using ANDY's build...

FFDShow when set to enabled for all for RAW will attempt to be in the chain of virtually all playback, at least that is how I understood it.

nVidia decoder to output YV12 is a registry key (I don't recall as I dont use the decoder).

YUV mixing I'm not sure, I have not bothered as it's disabled apparently on XP SP1 and so I've not bothered to read anymore into it since I'm still on SP1. Someone else will be able to explain it to you I'm sure.

Cheers...

Duy-Khang Hoang

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
mmm care to share it with us so anyone searching for it dont need to post again...like me for instance. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena
mmm care to share it with us so anyone searching for it dont need to post again...like me for instance. :)

HKLM / Software / Nvidia Corp / Filters / Video / PreferYV12 (Set this to 1)

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
If you have the latest version of Theatertek, and are using ffdshow, you do not need to do the registry change to the Nvidia drivers. If you have ffdshow selected for postprocessing, Theatertek automatically sends it YV12.

Michael

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
YUV Mixing is a feature of Windows XP Service Pack 2. You can read more about it at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...mixingmode.asp .

I have tried denoise3d before and after resize. If you use it before resize, then it removes more "noise" and will sometimes degrade the quality of smoke or fog. I use it after resize and it removes the motion noise, but because the fog/smoke has been resized, it can now differentiate it and does not seem to degrade it. Having said that, some prefer it before resize. You'll have to decide for yourself which you like better.

I had trouble with denoise3d if YUV mixing was selected in Theatertek. Theatertek would not start properly if if both YUV mixing and denoise3d were both selected.

In regards to ffdshow and TS files, I have read the same thing. I have not checked my ffdshow OSD, but my denoise3d settings have no effect when watching ts files.

Michael

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill try doing the denoise before and after and see what happens. The bad thing is that almost all I have are TS files (DVD rips of my collection and the collection is then locked up so the kids dont destroy it), so Im not sure Id be able to notice anything at all if ffdshow doesnt work on TS files.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.