AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a 5040 lockup thread just got posted and I didn't want to hijack it, but I just started having a different set of lockup problems with my 5040 as well. Typically what will happen is I go to play a recording, the little play menu will pop up and I select play, and then...nothing. Sometimes it'll just sit there for 10-15 minutes and then come back to life, although recently it has started to sit there for 10-15 mintues and then spontaneously reboot. The remote will be unresponsive during this time, and no audio or video will be playing in the background. I've had this happen both while it was recording something else and when it was otherwise idle. The weird thing is, it seems to be connected with particular recordings. For instance, I have a copy of Citizen Kane that'll lock it up every time I've tried, but I was able to play something else without a problem.

I read elsewhere on the board that some people saw something similar when they were having network connectivity issues. So, I performed a manual connect, which worked without a hitch, and then tried to play Citizen Kane again...and blammo, lock up and eventual reboot.

Another odd symptom I noticed is associated with the ping time. When the unit is operating normally I get consistent ping times of under 10ms. I tried it when it was locked up and I got pings from anywhere between 50ms to 8 seconds! So it looks like the unit gets caught in a loop or something thats making it hang.

Has anyone else experienced this? My unit is less than a month old and unhacked. The only uncommon thing about my setup is I have a dvd player connected to input 1 in addition to the cable box on the RF input.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.