AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got the Panasonic L300U after reading all the great reviews on this forum. and I am MORE than satified with it. Excellent color, and brightness, just on a home made screen painted light grey.

However, I seem to have some trouble when viewing video files on my computer.

The sympton is that the screen will flicker Completely Black and then go back to the video/desktop about 5-10 times every 10 minutes. It generally happens about 3-4 times in a row, then doesn't happen again for about 5 more minutes.

it's a very fast flicker, and inbetween the blackness I have observed that the aspect of the image appears to be slightly different than it should be (stretched, or squashed). When it's done flickering, everything goes back to normal and there's no distortion of the image.

The facts:

Flicker is COMPLETELY BLACK

Only happens on VGA input

Seems to distort the image while flickering

Only happens on the Wide Resolution 1280x720 (though I haven't really wanted to play with 4:3 resolution because that defeats the purpose of using the computer)

I'm using a P4 3.0Ghz HT machine with 1GB of DDR400 ECC ram and a Quadro Dual Head 750 XGL, Running Windows 2000 Professional.

The flicker happens with either output of my video card (VGA, or DVI with VGA-Adapter)

Has anyone else had this problem? I searched the forums but I found nothing (this is certainly NOT gonna be solved by that flicker-tweak that everyone is talking about). Do I maybe have a defective PJ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Miles

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has no one ever seen this problem?

I'll try calling VisualApex and see what they have to say, but I'd love to hear some other input from the forum members.

Thanks guys,

-Miles

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've also seen this problem when using the default VGA setups for 1280x720, and 1072x600; fixed it by using powerstrip to tweak the timings to better match the H/V frequencies listed in the Panasonic manual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awsome! I figured it was a timing issue, but I wasn't really anxious to screw with Powerstrip 'till I got my HTPC together. I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this issue.

I'll give it a go in the near future and let ya'll know how it goes.

Thanks,

-Miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.