AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an LT150 on the now famous Dell offer for business use. Today I used the projector in a business presentation running off of the smart card reader. I just loaded the PowerPoint presentation into the card.

Ambient light was less than optimal, but the projector provided a very bright and clear image. I think our clients asked us questions about the projector for about 5 min before we ever got started. They were just amazed with its small size.

I just wanted to say thank the forum for directing me to this unbelievable deal, even though it will not be used for home theater.

On a side note, I did take it home to see what it could do in a HT environment. I hooked it up to a Radeon based PC and watched several movies on a white wall in room with no ambient light. Observations:

Slight pixilation

Wonderful Colors

Annoying Rainbow Effect

And quite possibly the most immersing movie watching experience I have ever had in my home. I loved the size and perceived motion provided by the huge screen.
Textf>

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm really beginning to like the built-in Compact Flash card reader. I've used it a few times now for presentations and for slideshows. Very nice _not_ having to hook up a PC/Mac...

I even can tuck a USB-enabled CF read/writer into the LT150 bag, along with a usb mouse, a component/VGA cable adapter, and a svideo cable, and there's even a pouch to hold a couple of spare cards.

Now what I need is a mini DVD player, something of the size of a portable CD player. It should just fit if I leave the LT150 manual behind...

apg

·
Registered
873 Posts
What's scarry is that this is by no means the smallest projector out there.

I was recently at a meeting where an even smaller DLP (Proxima UltraLight X350) unit w/ DVI input and the same resolution was used. We joked about slipping it into a pocket for a five finger discount. It seriously could have fit in the pocket of some winter coats.

I know according to the specs that this is a little heavier than the LT150, but it looks even smaller.

If you're on the road a lot and live and die by PowerPoint, the NEC projectors are a life saver.

Kelly

·
Registered
728 Posts
"What's scarry is that this is by no means the smallest projector out there..."

With a custom do-everything ASIC, the LT 150's physical dimensions could possibly be cut in half, leaving room for a built-in DVD player.

But "The Incredible Shrinking Projector" may not be the ultimate goal. Think of a much more multifunction device. Something that not only projects, but stores a bunch of DVDs, has a cooler for drinks, responds to spoken commands, and moves itself to optimum viewing position.

The new NEC LT-R2-D2.

apg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.