AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread for a new home for where the off topic discussion in the other thread was headed.

I think the info is actually useful, I dont mind discussing the different projector technologies and implementations, rather than having posts deleted elsewhere, lets post them here and talk.

DLP, LCOS, LCD...

Different implementations and differences between each, which do you think is better, why, etc...

I will post dump a few posts which were getting interesting.

paused video? ;] Can we read/watch this comparison? What was the gamut for the bragi?

i do think convergence and ansi contrast are noticeable though, in that projectorcentral shootout the xpr chips seem to have an effect because the mico looks like the original file. Sequential color + wobulation reduces the available time to display shades. That's also comparing 250ansi to 450, vs the 850 of the 0.95" non-xpr dlp. I'm still a bit skeptical of comparable motion performance even with wobulation
View attachment 3042503
it was also comparing 1chip native 1080p 850ansi contrast dlp vs 3chip native 1080p 250 ansi contrast dila. a more direct and accurate comparison to the differences between the technologies. Its pretty clear that a native 2160p resolution is of great benefit to 3chip projectors in terms of reducing misconvergence artifacts. But theres still a depth in brighter scenes on the mico that lcos projectors ive seen dont exhibit, and thats 1080p vs native 2160p.

Based off the bragis specs though im not suprised the nx9 was preferred for contrast and closed the gap on sharpness. lcos also has the best motion performance for liquid crystal due to the faster transit speed and drive method which almost adds black frame insertion natively, reduced blur and reduced stuttering, but still not comparable to a dmd.

What would be much more interesting is if the bragi had the bt2020 rgb laser light source like in the lsp9t. The brightness of highly saturated color adds to perceived contrast and fine detail. Of the 4 movies shown in this post, 3 of them report being mastered at dci-p3, yet more saturated color is present. And it's one of the reasons we're reporting such a high contrast image from the Mico, despite the low light output, despite the lower native contrast(compared to lcos).
This is great, but they should do this test when the test subjects sit in a dark room for 30 minutes, then present them with an approx 100 nit max image so the eye cant really fully adjust to '10,000 nits of daylight', you will find we are VERY sensitive to contrast down low.

This is furthermore proven when a person will notice deep blacks way before they notice the difference between 200 ANSI and 500 ANSI contrast capable displays.

I have two such projectors in my room right now, its VERY clear which one has drastically more native contrast (dynamic range) and its not the high ansi machine :)
You say the Mico looks like the original file, but what you are actually looking at is sh!t photography.

Whats the original test pattern for this? I will do the test here.

That N7 looks bad, and the X790 especially bad. I bet I can take a photo making my X9500 look better than both... Unless all those images were taken in the same 10 minute session, I dont trust any of those photos.
It does here in my room. My DLP is measuring 530:1 ANSI and the JVC maybe 200:1. Its very clearly got more bright contrast with for eg the Spears UHD Benchmark video, but watch ANY sci fi or full length movie and there are at least a dozen scenes where the lower contrast difference is huge that it kinda 'undoes' any of that advantage. The fact is, the JVC has better contrast overall, more of the time vs in fleeting scenarios. Sharpness is another thing, this 1080p DLP I have is insanely sharp and its interesting to see to the point where I dont really care if its native 4k or not, it never crosses my mind, but contrast comes first for me if I am thinking of watching a film I haven't seen before. Contrast is the reason I suspect the JVC won, its definitely more important especially if you have both technologies in a stack to see instantly. Motion resolution be damned.
out of that lot...I actually think the NX7 is the pick ... it actually looks the closest to the original file :D

every other have actually destroyed the pic... to point can't actually see the full scale on any ...on the NX7 i can see each of the mm markings and all way to end of the scale ie to the extremity... for each line !not that it is still clear ? why is that ? but the rest have either fuzzed them so can't see each black bar in entirety... or differentiate one from another ... just one blur...

in actual viewing... the optoma i have seen is pretty awful in contrast and rainbow city which the screen shot above also doesnt highlight...

the epson just lacks the purity of picture of the n7, detail, contrast,

not seen the specific benq or view sonic to comment. am a prior jvc x7000 owner and remember what that was all about... no regrets moving to the n7 ! its picture is to climb into :D
Spot on Al,

I added a little bit of gaussian blur to the 'original' tile only...

Now the JVC looks almost identical, therefore most 'faithful' by a mile!

View attachment 3042552
I can't argue for the pure accuracy of those photos. But my statement on the capability of the Mico is supported by physical properties of the optical engine and objective measurements. There's no wobulation, no pixel overlap, no misconvergence, extremely limited chromatic abberation, and a very high ansi contrast. It is pixel perfect like an emissive display with a very limited screen door that resolves very quickly when distanced from the screen.

vs a 1k:1 color wheel dlp sure, d-ilas response is good enough that the contrast benefits and 100% color brightness win over for viewing preference. I think you'd feel differently if you saw a mico or lumis, there's a big difference in motion between color wheel dlp and the contrast gap is closed.

oh i agree, i posted that image to show the effects of xpr, not the jvcs.

But I do remember any shots of both pixel shifting jvcs and native 2160p jvcs still not being pixel perfect like single panel non-xpr dlps can be. There was a thread here that had a bunch of comparisons of a photo of a european town but i cant remember the title. this looks good, but still doesnt have the same delineation that single chip dlp can do
NX5:
View attachment 3042556
It was crap photography though. I see no grid at all on either of those JVC's and the eshift one, you should definitely still see it if the photography is done correctly.

Thats a UHD test pattern, your projector is 1080p, if you put that on your PJ, you would have a completely solid bar instead of lines... So, that's completely failing the pattern, which was MY point :).

Here is a UHD pixel pattern from an X9500 and X9900.

I will let you guess which is which. the point is, these lines are indeed UHD Single pixel gaps, the X9500 (as you should have guessed) which truncating some information is quite SHARPY showing line distinctions there are very black gaps between the lines, the 9900 is just rubbish, this explains why the X7900 looks VERY bad on this test, and also given the N7 is a native projector is either a VERY bad sample; since the lines on my image are FAR more delineated than that native 4k projector, or, the photography is very bad! I pick the latter honestly.

Its no woner that I really love the 1080p image this Panasonic DLP Laser I have throws, and why I MUCH preferre the 9500 to the two 9900's I had here, there is a pattern emerging, hard edge line sharpness is far superior. They definitely broke something with Eshift 5..

View attachment 3042587

View attachment 3042588

View attachment 3042590

View attachment 3042591

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Native 2160p 3-Chip DLP:

·
Registered
29,706 Posts
Right now, my favorite technology is LCOS. It used to be DLP, until DLP went stagnant. It was during this time that I think LCOS passed DLP. Due to the higher dynamic range of LCOS, I think the image has more depth to it. From what I see in the threads, the two things that I see most seem to want more of, out of their projector is lumens and contrast. That seems to be followed by color space. With that said, lumens and contrast would improve all current content and or allow larger screens. We need content with wider than DCI color space, before I see that as a needed item.

Whenever I am watching good 4K content on my RS3000, I never say to myself, better sharpness would really improve this image. But I do say, improved contrast would make this image even better. With my current projector, improved contrast is at the top of my list, followed by increased lumens.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
im only using the eclipse as an example of what non-xpr 3chip/rgb solid state dlp pixel delineation looks like with high quality optics free of chromatic abberation. Use a 1080p pattern and that's how the mico looks.

as far as contrast goes i cant imagine the panasonic looks higher contrast or as sharp/detailed, brighter sure, but you had previously mentioned that in the case of the panasonics dynamic, actual on/off isnt improved it just reduces light output, thats not the case with the mico due to the low light output on/off improves. the mico does 3k:1 native at 550 lumens, 7k:1 native at 150 lumens, a gamma-corrected 15k:1 dynamic, with 850:1 ansi. It has a perceived contrast and brightness higher than 3k, it honestly looks comparable to 5k:1 va tvs I have. Aside from rbe, there are differences when using a color wheel as well in terms of bit depth of video, contouring, solarizations, motion, etc. that provide much better color, depth, low level detail, sharpness, perceived contrast, and smoother gradients. The dmd switches off between color wheel segments which reduces the native motion persistence of the dmd, so 3chip/rgb solid state has superior motion performance to color wheels. The 0.012ms impulse response is superior even to crt/plasma due to the lack of phosphor decay. Dila is 3ms black to white, 3ms white to black, and has a sort of impulse/native black frame insertion, so if you can imagine 3 separate panels at varying intensity with a response that looks like this:

But those contrast figures + the single panel, perfect uniformity, lack of a color wheel, instant black to white response, and the near bt2020 gamut makes for incredibly high contrast highly detailed imagery. Dark scenes while not pure black are black and solid with excellent low level detail. If you were to add the rgb laser source and a second dmd to this projector, even using the 0.65" 1080p or 1600p dmds sans xpr, it would be video perfection.

When Ive demod jvcs(rs640 and nx7) only the darker scenes look higher contrast, everything else goes to the mico. Theyre fantastic looking projectors but the pixel modulation/delineation and the color performance of the mico provide an image quality that i dont see in d-ila or oled. And remember all this is comparing a 2010 projector to modern displays, so it only saddens me that what id like to upgrade too doesnt exist and may not for another 7 years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went from a CRT sony projector, to a Panasonic AE3000 LCD, took a break, then to a DILA RS400.

The CRT did around 720p natively and I ran it with scaling to support 2.35:1. I still think of that setup very fondly - batman begins was especially enjoyable.
With scaling I managed something like 1000p ish. I still feel it had a very film like quality with the CRT tubes and proper scaling.

The AE3000 was (and is still at my FILs hunting place) a great projector. It was a bit sharp, but decent brightness and reasonable contrast.

The JVC... I purchased used on this forum a while back. I only recently started bothering with 4k sources and the eshift actually works.
If I have a complaint about the JVC, it's a little loud since I'm at 9000ft of altitude and in altitude mode the fans are turned up higher.

I have wished for a hair more brighness in some scenes - I'm not sure if the HDR plays nice or not.

I'm very satisfied with my current projector. I have no plans to replace it at this point, but I'll probably keep my eyes open for another update in the next year or two.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im only using the eclipse as an example of what non-xpr 3chip/rgb solid state dlp pixel delineation looks like with high quality optics free of chromatic abberation. Use a 1080p pattern and that's how the mico looks.
Yah mine looks like that with a 1080p pattern too. The lens in my projector is massive 3 inches wide and 7 inches long :) :)

as far as contrast goes i cant imagine the panasonic looks higher contrast or as sharp/detailed, brighter sure, but you had previously mentioned that in the case of the panasonics dynamic, actual on/off isnt improved it just reduces light output, thats not the case with the mico due to the low light output on/off improves. the mico does 3k:1 native at 550 lumens, 7k:1 native at 150 lumens, a gamma-corrected 15k:1 dynamic, with 850:1 ansi. It has a perceived contrast and brightness higher than 3k, it honestly looks comparable to 5k:1 va tvs I have.
Dynamic does exactly what it says on the box, same as all projectors, it uses the highest white point possible then dims to its darkest and there is your measurement, in the case of mine, I am actually reaching 20k:1 at over 4500 lumens. Your native is quite a bit higher though sure I have a LOT of light to play with in regards to putting an iris in my lens, I am far from done. I am not sure why a lower LED level is getting you more contrast, you are not really correct when you say because of its low light output contrast increases, there is actually far more likelyhood that you are actually running into measurement errors because the black level is so low. Sorry but you are not really convincing me that magically its raising native contrast by using less light unless there is an iris or something in there.

Aside from rbe, there are differences when using a color wheel as well in terms of bit depth of video, contouring, solarizations, motion, etc. that provide much better color, depth, low level detail, sharpness, perceived contrast, and smoother gradients. The dmd switches off between color wheel segments which reduces the native motion persistence of the dmd, so 3chip/rgb solid state has superior motion performance to color wheels.
Ok... Sure. Are you trying to tell me I am not seeing a decent image from my projector? Sure sounds like that's what you are getting at. We all know you love your Mico.

But those contrast figures + the single panel, perfect uniformity, lack of a color wheel, instant black to white response, and the near bt2020 gamut makes for incredibly high contrast highly detailed imagery. Dark scenes while not pure black are black and solid with excellent low level detail. If you were to add the rgb laser source and a second dmd to this projector, even using the 0.65" 1080p or 1600p dmds sans xpr, it would be video perfection.
In regards to stacked panels, I dont know if we will see anything like this anytime soon unfortunately, I think we would be looking at an LCD version of this longer before a DLP version in terms of cheaper units...

When Ive demod jvcs(rs640 and nx7) only the darker scenes look higher contrast, everything else goes to the mico. Theyre fantastic looking projectors but the pixel modulation/delineation and the color performance of the mico provide an image quality that i dont see in d-ila or oled. And remember all this is comparing a 2010 projector to modern displays, so it only saddens me that what id like to upgrade too doesnt exist and may not for another 7 years.
And did you do this in your room stacked with your Mico at the same time? The Mico is not bright enough. It needs to be 2000 lumens or more, its just not really useful unless you have high gain screens nor for really good HDR unless you can pull about 100 nits from it or so. Just because I use my JVC at about 85 nits, does not mean that's where I would like it to be, its just what it is, low lamp and my throw yields 85 nits. On the Panasonic I set it about 120 nits and it looks great a lot of the time.

As I posted earlier, I didnt like the RS640 at all, that entire line is soft as hell when you have a stacked eshift4 projector to compare it to, I posted images showing the difference in line sharpness, thats not lens, thats eshift getting in the way and making a mess of things in an attempt to yield more 'information' notice I said information, not detail or sharpness. My X9500 here is an awesome sample, and it really does hold its own, its definitely not ever going to be sold.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I am not sure why a lower LED level is getting you more contrast, you are not really correct when you say because of its low light output contrast increases
the Samsung A900B, Marantz VP15S1, or other 0.95" dmd projectors with adjustable irises would do ~3k on/off at 600 to 800 lumens and 7-10k on/off at 2-300 lumens. The dual iris models hitting 10k native at 300 lumens

i dont know how else to put it, if at full power its measuring 15fl, 3,000:1, and a 0.005fl black level, 15,000:1 dynamic with a black level of 0.001fl, then when its 7fl in low power or a 1% adl pattern contrast measures 7,000:1. If im wrong im wrong thats fine but im not sure where im wrong.

Ok... Sure. Are you trying to tell me I am not seeing a decent image from my projector? Sure sounds like that's what you are getting at. We all know you love your Mico.
Thats in response to quantitative differences between color wheels and led cycling? its like saying the only difference between color wheel dlp and 3chip dlp is rbe, ignoring the items i listed above. sequential color via solid state diodes does improve video quality. Doesnt mean color wheel dlp looks bad, it just means solid state sequential color looks like 3chip dlp but with no misconvergence.

I do like the Mico alot...

The Mico is not bright enough.
Thats pretty much irrelevant considering the age of the thing and the current light source yielding 3x the lumens at the same power draw with a wider gamut.

Im getting 60 nits which is what you would get on a 120" 16:9 st130. So you could get 100nits with an a lens on a 9' wide 1.3 gain scope screen... Zombies getting about 80nits on his 140" 16:9 high power? With no bulb changes and apparently holds its brightness for 11k+ hours per tnaiks m150... Ive measured no brightness decrease in 2500 hours. impressive. How much light output do you get calibrated on high after a couple hundred hours on the bulb? 1100 lumens?

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the Samsung A900B, Marantz VP15S1, or other 0.95" dmd projectors with adjustable irises would do ~3k on/off at 600 to 800 lumens and 7-10k on/off at 2-300 lumens.
Yeah becauise there is an iris, so, do you have an iris or not? I was under the impression there is no iris in your machine? If it does, then hell yeah explains why your native is rasing when you close down the iris. If you are only dimming it and there is no iris, there is not really any reason I know of scientifically why it would be raising native. Light scatter should be the same, there would just be less intensity of it, they would still be proportionately affecting your black level, which I guess is where the measurement error could come into play when you are trying to measure such dim black levels to begin with, however you are measuring your dynamic level so your native would be higher.

i dont know how else to put it, if at full power its measuring 15fl, 3,000:1, and a 0.005fl black level, 15,000:1 dynamic with a black level of 0.001fl, then when its 7fl in low power or a 1% adl pattern contrast measures 7,000:1. If im wrong im wrong thats fine but im not sure where im wrong.
wait so is 1% measuring 7k:1 with the dynamic system engaged? Why are you measuring full on/off at full power then 1% at low power? You should measure on/off only in both modes. No dynamic engaged.

Also, Are you measuring contrast facing the screen? Dont do that. What meter do you have? 0.001fl is dangerously close to the limit of something like an iDisplay Pro, why are you not facing the lens and measuring LUX up as close as possible?

Im getting 60 nits which is what you would get on a 120" 16:9 st130. So you could get 100nits with an a lens on a 9' wide 1.3 gain scope screen... Zombies getting about 80nits on his 140" 16:9 high power? With no bulb changes and apparently holds its brightness for 11k+ hours per tnaiks m150... Ive measured no brightness decrease in 2500 hours. impressive. How much light output do you get calibrated on high after a couple hundred hours on the bulb? 1100 lumens?
No, not at all, pretty sure it holds about 1500lm for quite a while, my lamp has been stable for ages, I am getting 85 nits at 1300 hours into my bulb in low lamp, its changed maybe a few nits in that time, so a hell of a lot more than the Mico would be throwing thats for sure, but I can also change a lamp if I want. Im just saying, old projector aside, 800 lumens or whatever does not cut it as a feature proposition for a projector today, you are wiping out a lot of the market and kind of ignoring HDR. Its just that your machine is made excellent with the DTM you can breathe new life into old machines, same with this Panasonic, it doesnt natively do HDR, not WCG, but a LUT and DTM gets it doing sumthin.

So, in the case of your machine for it to actually be able to be sold in this day and age, they would need to install a brighter light engine and up the resolution, that would be a good start.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
As I posted earlier, I didnt like the RS640 at all, that entire line is soft as hell when you have a stacked eshift4 projector to compare it to, I posted images showing the difference in line sharpness, thats not lens, thats eshift getting in the way and making a mess of things in an attempt to yield more 'information' notice I said information, not detail or sharpness. My X9500 here is an awesome sample, and it really does hold its own, its definitely not ever going to be sold.
you did a great job showing the differences between eshift 4 and 5. I've had several e-shift 5 models here stacked with the RS600 and always though the the RS600 looked better.

I bought a backup when some folks were fire selling them a few years ago, the 2nd one has ~800 original hours. both are excellent samples, focus, convergence and minimal BC.

testing the MadVR settings we discussed and digging it now that I looked closer at what was happening. Thank you!! hopefully those changes will make it in .114 .. :)

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yeah becauise there is an iris, so, do you have an iris or not? I was under the impression there is no iris in your machine? If it does, then hell yeah explains why your native is rasing when you close down the iris. If you are only dimming it and there is no iris, there is not really any reason I know of scientifically why it would be raising native. Light scatter should be the same, there would just be less intensity of it, they would still be proportionately affecting your black level, which I guess is where the measurement error could come into play when you are trying to measure such dim black levels to begin with, however you are measuring your dynamic level so your native would be higher.

wait so is 1% measuring 7k:1 with the dynamic system engaged? Why are you measuring full on/off at full power then 1% at low power? You should measure on/off only in both modes. No dynamic engaged.

Also, Are you measuring contrast facing the screen? Dont do that. What meter do you have? 0.001fl is dangerously close to the limit of something like an iDisplay Pro, why are you not facing the lens and measuring LUX up as close as possible?

No, not at all, pretty sure it holds about 1500lm for quite a while, my lamp has been stable for ages, I am getting 85 nits at 1300 hours into my bulb in low lamp, its changed maybe a few nits in that time, so a hell of a lot more than the Mico would be throwing thats for sure, but I can also change a lamp if I want. Im just saying, old projector aside, 800 lumens or whatever does not cut it as a feature proposition for a projector today, you are wiping out a lot of the market and kind of ignoring HDR. Its just that your machine is made excellent with the DTM you can breathe new life into old machines, same with this Panasonic, it doesnt natively do HDR, not WCG, but a LUT and DTM gets it doing sumthin.

So, in the case of your machine for it to actually be able to be sold in this day and age, they would need to install a brighter light engine and up the resolution, that would be a good start.
Measuring lux off the lens and measured dynamic on and off as well as white and black using the 1% adl pattern using the dynamic dimming which put it in its lowest power usage. The measurements correlate to every professional review and user post ive seen for the mico and q750i. It could have to do with etendue the leds exhibit at varying intensity. The q750i at the lowest light output has the highest native, the mico in the middle, and the h9090 the brightest has the lowest contrast.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you did a great job showing the differences between eshift 4 and 5. I've had several e-shift 5 models here stacked with the RS600 and always though the the RS600 looked better.

I bought a backup when some folks were fire selling them a few years ago, the 2nd one has ~800 original hours. both are excellent samples, focus, convergence and minimal BC.

testing the MadVR settings we discussed and digging it now that I looked closer at what was happening. Thank you!! hopefully those changes will make it in .114 .. :)
Excellent! I love how you guys get the gold ring, we dont have that here :)

Shame they are not super solid stable lenses, would be so cool if a double stack worked.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Measuring lux off the lens and measured dynamic on and off as well as white and black using the 1% adl pattern using the dynamic dimming which put it in its lowest power usage. The measurements correlate to every professional review and user post ive seen for the mico and q750i. It could have to do with etendue the leds exhibit at varying intensity. The q750i at the lowest light output has the highest native, the mico in the middle, and the h9090 the brightest has the lowest contrast.
I think I am just confused through, you are throwing 1% ADL into the mix, we are talking On/Off.

So, what are the contrast readings On/Off only in high and low power native.?
Then the same dynamic.?
Then we are at it what about the above but at 1%.?

For all that you would have 2 On/Off readings
2 Dynamic readings
4 readings for 1%. High/Low and Dynamic High / Dynamic Low.

Also, do you have an iris in your machine or not?

Etendue makes sense I suppose, I had to google that one, that makes me think uniformity must take a hit though?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
i wonder... if led etendue effects contrast and youre unable to use a lens iris with leds, and lasers have a narrow output and you can use an iris, you could probably put a high power laser in this projector, eat a bit of light with the iris and get a much higher native contrast. Plus the 100% bt2020 and dmd pixel response, now that sounds like a marketable projector even without zonal dmds.

Also, do you have an iris in your machine or not?
no no iris in this projector

Etendue makes sense I suppose, I had to google that one, that makes me think uniformity must take a hit though?
and no uniformity is perfect, but it seemed that lesser quality lenses showed alot more chromatic abberation than they did in their uhp/color wheel counterparts.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wonder... if led etendue effects contrast and youre unable to use a lens iris with leds, and lasers have a narrow output and you can use an iris, you could probably put a high power laser in this projector, eat a bit of light with the iris and get a much higher native contrast. Plus the 100% bt2020 and dmd pixel response, now that sounds like a marketable projector even without zonal dmds.
Yep that would be pretty good indeed.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
you know what, as i think about those numbers i dont think that 1% adl white measurement with the dimming is correct, if i had to guess its probably more like actual measured 4,000:1 with the dimming at 1% adl and 2,400:1 no dimming. my bad ^^

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you know what, as i think about those numbers i dont think that 1% adl white measurement with the dimming is correct, if i had to guess its probably more like actual measured 4,000:1 with the dimming at 1% adl and 2,400:1 no dimming. my bad ^^
Usually dynamic adl contrast does not increase much over native at all. So you have not measured it?

It's easy to make black dim, but adl contrast measurements are both 1% measurements, so if you dimming system is based on light levels it may not dim when you change from one pattern to the next. Usually adl is only really a native measurement.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Just got a new Epson TW9400 which is a very nice improvement over the outgoing 9300 mainly when it comes to HDR.
Just finished calibration and it seems I am not be very lucky with the panel as it cannot be calibrated to gamma 2.4 no matter what, I have to settle on 2.2 which is OK ish. Anyway LCD clearly has its limitations.
So just switching from an OLED in the cave it is a stark difference even though this is some of the best HDR I've seen on a PJ so far but the lower end of the dynamic range leaves a lot on the table.

My ideal scenario would be an improved version of the current JVC N series with the contrast of the old generation (at least 130K:1. That would make me move however it seems manufacturers seem to be chasing higher lumen output these days and going backwards with black levels. So not sure what's next really as I am not happy with any current PJ tech.

I want OLED quality on the big screen :) I want my old X9500 with better HDR. That would make me happy.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts