AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
So you have not actually measured anything yourself?
oh you do have a reading issue, im sorry man ill stop. my micos irrelevant ill go buy a jvc later today. thanks so much

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
oh you do have a reading issue, im sorry man ill stop. my micos irrelevant ill go buy a jvc later today. thanks so much
If I had an Eposn or Sony I would still be posting the same way, instead of sarcasm you could clearly answer, instead you dont actually post any clear answers.

Point me to the post where you said you measured, I know you said something at one point, but if you are not going to be forward with the answer, can you point to a post which does have your measurements?

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Funny the new AVS is reccomending this thread to me :)

Seems this conversation goes around for eternity :)

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
dude... you literally quoted me saying i measured, and it correlates to every review and measurement ive found of these projectors, the sim2 micos, the wolf cinema DCL-200FD, the truvue vango, and the runco q750i and vivitek h9080 being a little dimmer and a little higher native contrast. Youre tired of me repeating myself but youre making me repeat myself. and you dont care about these projectors anyway because theyre so dim so i dont understand why youre so concerned.

I mean, how can I take you seriously when you think a 1k native to 20k dynamic with an rgby wheel is superior in image quality to the mico...

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I mean, how can I take you seriously when you think a 1k native to 20k dynamic with an rgby wheel is superior in image quality to the mico...
Nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE do I even begin to allude to that, hence why I said you are imagining all of this, I have no beef with your Mico.

In fact, one of the reasons I even have that projector is because of your enthusiastic posts on older DLP's, I saw this one for sale and thought hell why not could be fun to play with, and it is! Its a great B projector. Can it keep up with my JVC? Well at first it was mighty impressive, I left my JVC off for a week on purpose, then I turned it on and boy was it clear how much real depth and contrast was lacking even though I was able to increase the contrast on the Panasonic 40% and I am still not done yet.

In fact the ONLY person who can comment on the Mico and JVC is Zombie, not me, definitely not you, but I dont think he will because he always stays well away from these petty things. He did say the Mico was the best DLP he has had in his room. Did he say it was the best projector? Absolutely no he didnt. He has had machines like the 1100ES in his room too. He is a person whos opinion I completely trust because its very consistent and he actually stacks them up to 4 at the same time, you really need to do that to see the true strengths between them.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I started this thread to keep a lot of the OT discussion out of other threads and allow a somewhat general discussion open ended, I am trying to keep it civil and am happy to discuss this topic respectfully, but not if there are going to be replies like this one, its not conducive. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
how much real depth and contrast was lacking even though I was able to increase the contrast on the Panasonic 40%
again you seem to be having trouble grasping the differences between color wheel dlp and 3chip or solid state sequential color single chip. Why you would think a 1k native rgby wheel projector would compare in contrast to an rs620 is beyond me.

Hell, all of madshis musings over the years on motion performance and when I brought the mico to his attention he said hed never seen either type of dlp, just going off of the jvc marketing crap on this forum that dlp has bad contrast and jvcs motion is great. The one technology with the performance he was looking for he was deterred from by misinformation.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I started this thread to keep a lot of the OT discussion out of other threads and allow a somewhat general discussion open ended, I am trying to keep it civil and am happy to discuss this topic respectfully, but not if there are going to be replies like this one, its not conducive. Thank you.
cry me a river, you want to be insulting demeaning facetious and false this is what you get.

Reactions: Bytehoven

·
Administrator
18,906 Posts
Enough guys...if you want to get personal, exchange private contact info and do it off-site.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yes, Sir.

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
Funny the new AVS is reccomending this thread to me :)

Seems this conversation goes around for eternity :)

Funny thing is, I never once measured even close to 3000 lumens from my Lumis after calibration. My RS4500 is brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
In fact the ONLY person who can comment on the Mico and JVC is Zombie, not me, definitely not you, but I dont think he will because he always stays well away from these petty things. He did say the Mico was the best DLP he has had in his room. Did he say it was the best projector? Absolutely no he didnt.
And neither did I. What he said verbatim was he preferred the jvc for critical viewing. Did you see me argue with him? no, because I understand why, the peak light output, the native contrast without brightness compression, but its still a personal preference no more or less valid than mine or tnaiks or anyone else, and doesnt change the fact that the projector is singularly unique with strengths other projectors do not possess. Hence "the best dlp he has had in his room", the only point I've been trying to convey, everything else is manufactured falsities that do not actually exist in my commentary.

Reactions: Bytehoven

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
And neither did I. What he said verbatim was he preferred the jvc for critical viewing. Did you see me argue with him? no, because I understand why, the peak light output, the native contrast without brightness compression, but its still a personal preference no more or less valid than mine or tnaiks or anyone else, and doesnt change the fact that the projector is singularly unique with strengths other projectors do not possess. Hence "the best dlp he has had in his room", the only point I've been trying to convey, everything else is manufactured falsities that do not actually exist in my commentary.
Well clearly we are talking past each other because likewise I have never suggested otherwise, ive only said to this date that its dim, too dim for 2020, and that you have been quite unfairly misrepresting the contrast difference (for some reason), against a JVC and also not quoting honest numbers so I pulled you up on it, big deal. Also you using your dynamic numbers agaist the native numbers, quoting low lumen 1% when you have barely 700 lumens yourself. As I said, what does it matter...

Enjoy your Mico. Move on.

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,161 Posts
Are these all Arrow (Nigels) photos?

Interesting now I am looking really close at it, the 2nd image is showing a lot of ringing on the letters like its being over sharpened. I also see the lines are like 2-3 pixels wide?

@ARROW-AV ??
All of these images are my photos taken in October 2018 of the Christie Eclipse. The first two images are HD1080p resolution test patterns from the Murideo Six-G Reference Pattern Generator. The second image is a HD1080p geometry test pattern. The ringing is encoded within the source content. The reason why I used these was to show the fact that the Eclipse has pixel-perfect razor sharp imagery at native 4K resolution. Wherein, each and every pixel, as well as the pixel borders, is pixel perfect.

·
Registered
29,705 Posts
Well clearly we are talking past each other because likewise I have never suggested otherwise, ive only said to this date that its dim, too dim for 2020, and that you have been quite unfairly misrepresting the contrast difference (for some reason), against a JVC and also not quoting honest numbers so I pulled you up on it, big deal. Also you using your dynamic numbers agaist the native numbers, quoting low lumen 1% when you have barely 700 lumens yourself. As I said, what does it matter...

Enjoy your Mico. Move on.
Ekki did a through review of the Mico50.
www.cine4home.de (Sim2 Mico 50 Test LED Projektor Sim 2 DLP FullHD)

Ekki's native contrast measurements:
Minimum throw 2,200:1
Maximum throw 2,600:1

Ekki's calibrated lumens
Minimum throw 530
Maximum throw 570

I think Ekki got the lumen numbers backwards, because max throw should be the lower number, but still, the numbers are pretty low. As you and I both said, the Mico50 is not bright enough for HDR on most people's screens.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Ekki did a through review of the Mico50.
www.cine4home.de (Sim2 Mico 50 Test LED Projektor Sim 2 DLP FullHD)

Ekki's native contrast measurements:
Minimum throw 2,200:1
Maximum throw 2,600:1

Ekki's calibrated lumens
Minimum throw 530
Maximum throw 570

I think Ekki got the lumen numbers backwards, because max throw should be the lower number, but still, the numbers are pretty low. As you and I both said, the Mico50 is not bright enough for HDR on most people's screens.
12500 :1 dynamic.
500:1 ANSI contrast
2600:1 native

Thanks Mike. That is an extremely comprehensive review.

Unless I see some actual measurements otherwise those are the numbers I deem correct from a trusted source.

Decent but not incredible.

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
12500 :1 dynamic.
500:1 ANSI contrast
2600:1 native

Thanks Mike. That is an extremely comprehensive review.

Unless I see some actual measurements otherwise those are the numbers I deem correct from a trusted source.

Decent but not incredible.
Minimum throw 530
Maximum throw 570
That's not very bright. At this point, I sit way too close to use a 1080p DLP projector due to pixel grid. But I need a lot more light than that.

·
Registered
JVC RS2000,Runco Q750,Hitachi LP-WU3500,DPI M-Vision 260HB,130in 2:35.1,MadVR,Pioneer VSX-LX503
5,325 Posts
Right now, my favorite technology is LCOS. It used to be DLP, until DLP went stagnant. It was during this time that I think LCOS passed DLP. Due to the higher dynamic range of LCOS, I think the image has more depth to it. From what I see in the threads, the two things that I see most seem to want more of, out of their projector is lumens and contrast. That seems to be followed by color space. With that said, lumens and contrast would improve all current content and or allow larger screens. We need content with wider than DCI color space, before I see that as a needed item.

Whenever I am watching good 4K content on my RS3000, I never say to myself, better sharpness would really improve this image. But I do say, improved contrast would make this image even better. With my current projector, improved contrast is at the top of my list, followed by increased lumens.
I watch about 95% of my material on my DLP LED projectors. My Runco Q750 is used for my TV shows and some movies. I use it for HDR material a lot of times. My daughter plays her games on it too. My Hitachi LP-WU3500 LED projector is for sports and downstairs for the family. My JVC RS2000/N7 has been neglected the past two months, maybe 5 hours total in two months. I finally had a movie night with the wife and watch half the movie on the Runco Q750, then finished up on the RS2000/N7. We watched Bird Box in HDR, because she never seen it. The RS2000/N7 PQ is so far ahead of the Runco. However, the fade to blacks on the Runco is really nice. I then watched the Boys on the Runco. I watched the first 7 episodes on the Runco and I was robbing myself of how amazing that show looks by not using the JVC. The lumens and contrast makes LCOS superior

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I watch about 95% of my material on my DLP LED projectors. My Runco Q750 is used for my TV shows and some movies. I use it for HDR material a lot of times. My daughter plays her games on it too. My Hitachi LP-WU3500 LED projector is for sports and downstairs for the family. My JVC RS2000/N7 has been neglected the past two months, maybe 5 hours total in two months. I finally had a movie night with the wife and watch half the movie on the Runco Q750, then finished up on the RS2000/N7. We watched Bird Box in HDR, because she never seen it. The RS2000/N7 PQ is so far ahead of the Runco. However, the fade to blacks on the Runco is really nice. I then watched the Boys on the Runco. I watched the first 7 episodes on the Runco and I was robbing myself of how amazing that show looks by not using the JVC. The lumens and contrast makes LCOS superior
I am definitely using both a lot. The DLP laser is mostly used for tv shows and such, and it defi itely throws a very nice image, more just turn it on and run it kind of stuff. If something new comes out or we want to actually watch a proper film I use the JVC. If we watch any time when the theatre is not going to be dark and light controlled, which is also quite often then I will probably use the DLP then too, it's really bright.

I guess I am saying that right now I am glad I have both. My JVC being lamp based definitely puts another step of consideration for me to watch something non critical on it vs just going downstairs and using the 75" QLED. These days the DLP is getting us into the theatre more often.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts