AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to give your digital projector a good workout and see the stuff he's really made of? Make him show you 'Confidence'. If he can do a decent job with that film noir cinematography then he can probably display anything.

Pay particular attention to Jake's and Lily's faces in the scene which takes place after they first meet and then exit the bar. Watch closely as that weird lighting hits their faces. Brutal.

Bob

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Darn Bob, now what am I going to use to test my tempermental girl pj?

·
Premium Member
12,487 Posts
I have found a real torture disc as well, Basic. Watch the scene toward the beginning when the helicopter is flying over the forest in the rain and there is a bunch of fog on the tree line. I have yet to see an LCD PJ that can resolve the shot without looking like a complete smeared mess. I am going to try it on a HD2 PJ this week.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
well I must say its the Eric Clapton in concert DVD (?) I saw it up at Definative Audio today in Bellevue and I must say either the Runco 10000000000ci is lame or the disk is pretty poor. Based on the Combing artifacts, I must say the Runco processing needs some work.

Why must I say these things every time I see a Runco product. Unfortunately I always expect to be wowed. And never am:(

·
Registered
275 Posts
I usually carry a copy of "Dark city" during my shopping trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.