AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting this error when i try to run the ReplayTV Internet Video Sharing Tester at lhaven

Asked ReplayTV server about unit at ISN 00004-54831-XXXXX.

Found on Replay server.

The IP for your ReplayTV is XX.XXX.XXX.XX

The Port for your ReplayTV is 1024

Unable to contact ReplayTV unit.

500 Can't connect to XX.XXX.XXX.XX:1024 (connect: Connection refused)

Check your port forwarding settings.

I have set port forwarding up many times before and had no trouble, I think it has to do with my next problem.

on the poopli web site, under the accounts tab, near the bottom I click on the ID of my Replaytv "00004-54831-XXXXX" I get a pop up that allows me to edit my info. this is what im confused about. where do i find my unit name, serial # (back of unit i would think), myrtvid, and password???

I think i know my rtvid, is the unit name the same as Internet identity?

I'm sure this info is out there, i just can't seem to find it.

thanks for any help

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok I added the serial # and what I thought was my RTVID, password, and Unit name, and now i am getting a slightly different error.

Found on Replay server. IP does not match your PC, not revealing IP and port detail.

500 Can't connect to xx.xx.xx.xx:yyyyy (connect: timeout)

Again, I am sure my port forwarding is setup correctly.

any help would be great. thanks

· Registered
507 Posts
Try a port number with 5 digits like 29000. That way you keep pout of the assigned port number areas that have 4 digits. Fix you port forwarding to the new port and try again.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tried that and I got the same error that I did earlier

Found on Replay server.

The IP for your ReplayTV is XX.XX.XX.XXX

The Port for your ReplayTV is 54321

500 Can't connect to XX.XX.X.XXX:54321 (connect: Connection refused)

Any other suggestions?

other things to note IP of unit is 192.168.0.40 on port 80 .0.40 = Internet connection shareing. could this be a problem? It finds the guide off the internet ok and DVarchive works great too. hope that info helps.

thanks again for any more help you can give

· Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Virtucon

other things to note IP of unit is 192.168.0.40 on port 80 .0.40 = Internet connection shareing. could this be a problem? It finds the guide off the internet ok and DVarchive works great too. hope that info helps.

thanks again for any more help you can give
A few notes:

1) Nothing you enter on Poopli has any effect on whether you pass the IVS Tester or not.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by the "on port 80" above. If you mean that you have forwarded port 80 to the ReplayTV or put it in the DMZ, stop doing that. It will cause problems like you are having. Reboot the ReplayTV and try the test again.

3) When you got the "Found on Replay server. IP does not match your PC, not revealing IP and port detail." error, were you testing from a PC on your LAN or from work etc. If you were testing from your LAN, it is probable that you have the duplicate ISN problem. However, don't worry about this for now, as we first need to get your unit to pass the IVS Tester at least some of the time.

4) Please go through http://www.poopli.com/forum/showthre...=&threadid=816 thoroughly. If you still have problems after doing so, please post the results of the tests detailed in the troubleshooting section.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
is 192.168.0.40 on port 80 .0.40 = Internet connection sharing
What I mean by that is that it IS finding the Internet and downloading the guide. and since it does that, with out having to open any ports, I would assume it is over the standard port of 80. my problem is now... i think, That i have a linksys router, and the network IP of the PC i am on is 192.168.1.101 and it is over a wifi network. My PC has ICS setup so my replaytv and my xbox can connect to the Internet through a wired router to my wireless pc. The IP of the other NIC card is 192.168.0.1(and the gateway for my replaytv) and my IP of my Replaytv is 192.168.0.40.

Now My linksys router has port 28999 - 29001 open for IP 192.168.1.101 and is enabled. My Replay is set to port 29000. I can't forward the port to an IP of 192.168.0.XXX so I would imagine I just need to set it to .1.101 since the connection comes from that PC.

I am still getting the

500 Can't connect to XX.XX.X.XXX:29000 (connect: Connection refused

could it be that the Wired router is blocking the port? I just thought of that, it is an old wifi router that is just being used to route my ICS to the xbox and replay. I bet that is it. Ill post this message anyway just in case it is not.

Thanks for all your help Norbert and j. m.

Edit: Exactly what ports would I forward on the wired router? since i cant forward any 192.168.0 ports? I never looked but can I simply disable the entire firewall? would that do it? if so how?

thanks again

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok....sigh, I changed the IP of the wired router to 192.168.0.100 is was set to 1.1 like my wi/fi one is. now I can access both routers from my PC. I opened every port from 0-40000(since this is all behind the other Linksys firewall) I still get the same error. and my xbox can still connect to LIVE so I know the net is getting through the router.

any suggestions would be great

thanks again

edit: found this, does it help?

when I type http://192.168.0.40:29000/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo into firefox i get a page that says this

· Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
ok....sigh, I changed the IP of the wired router to 192.168.0.100 is was set to 1.1 like my wi/fi one is. now I can access both routers from my PC. I opened every port from 0-40000(since this is all behind the other Linksys firewall) I still get the same error. and my xbox can still connect to LIVE so I know the net is getting through the router.

any suggestions would be great

thanks again
You have a very convoluted setup there. Basically, you have a double NAT situation--i.e. your ReplayTV is behind 2 NAT routers. However, the second NAT router is probably not the one you think it is. Assuming you are not using the WAN port of the wired router that is connected to the ReplayTV (and you shouldn't be), there is no NAT routing going on there; and there is no need to forward any ports there. (However, you should be sure the DHCP server on this wired router is disabled.)

On the other hand, your ICS PC *is* essentially a NAT router. That is where you need to forward port 29000 TCP to the IP address of your ReplayTV (i.e. 192.168.0.40). Please see http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5041 for information on doing this. Provided you still have ports 28999 - 29001 TCP forwarded to 192.168.1.101 (your ICS PC) in your wireless router (as you mentioned earlier), the IVS Test should work oce you correctly do this.

Please note that even when you get this working right now, you are likely to have all kinds of problems in the future because your PC seems to have a DHCP IP, which will eventually change and break your PF rules. Assuming the above works with your present setup, the next thing you should do is try setting your PC to a static IP in order to avoid this problem.

· Registered
53 Posts
When I run the Internet Video Sharing Tester, and enter my rtvid, I get the response:

Found on Replay server.

The IP for your ReplayTV is 24.XX.XX.32

The Port for your ReplayTV is 29000

500 Can't connect to 24.XX.XX.32:29000 (connect: timeout)

And (this is perhaps refreshing in this forum) I know exactly why it cannot connect.

Because the IP for my ReplayTV is 24.XX.XX.60

.32 was when I was connecting with a different configuration.

Now with my (safer) configuration using an SMC router, the IP for my ReplayTV is 24.XX.XX.60

But I cannot figure out how to inform Replay server of the change. I've tried changing my Network Identity, and the Network Identity change succeeds (I see the different nickname that I gave it). But the screens for changing Network Identity don't actually provide for specifying the IP. I presume it would or should pick that up from the network layer parts of the communication which carries the changing of my Network Identity.

The "Replay server" that is holding a mapping from rtvid to the wrong IP for my ReplayTV, where or what is that? Is that the same data store server that is used by MyreplayTV.com? How do I tell it, "you've got me all wrong; I've changed. I'm different."

___Thanks! -KO

· Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ocraven
When I run the Internet Video Sharing Tester, and enter my rtvid, I get the response:

Found on Replay server.

The IP for your ReplayTV is 24.XX.XX.32

500 Can't connect to 24.XX.XX.32:29000 (connect: timeout)
Assuming the PC you used for the above test is behind the same SMC router as your ReplayTV, your RTV is indeed at the 24.XX.XX.32 WAN IP address. The IVS Tester would not have revealed the WAN IP of your RTV had the WAN IP of your PC not matched it. Since it did reveal the IP, your PC has the same 24.XX.XX.32 WAN IP, as do any other devices on your LAN--including the ReplayTV.

Why do you think your ReplayTV is at 24.XX.XX.60? Is that the WAN IP reported by your SMC router? If not, what does it report? If so, then it looks like your ISP uses a transparent HTTP proxy. You will have to get them to not proxy rddns-production.replaytv.net in order for IVS to work for you.

· Registered
430 Posts
Virtucon,

According to what I can find, the screenshot at this link shows how to set up portforwarding on ICS.
http://www.dslreports.com/r0/downloa...csconfigXP.jpg

So you would need to do two forwards from the first router to the pc then from the pc to the replay.

J.M. noticed that your setup was convoluted. Why in the world is it setup this way? Can you not run cable from your first router directly to your replay and xbox? Does it have wired ports? What is the point of having a wireless PC if it is then wired to another router?

Your current setup can work if you forward ports correctly. But make sure that you turn off DHCP like j.m. mentioned (on both routers) and assign a static IP to both your PC and your replay. Turn on port forwarding on the ICS PC, and then make sure that you turn off all routing abilities in the second router. In "Advanced Routing" in the router setup there should be an option to disable NAT. YOu must do this so that the second router is acting like a switch instead of a router.

· Registered
430 Posts
ocraven,

I know that you are relatively new here, so don't take this the wrong way, but in the future it would be nice to start a new thread to get assistance, especially since this thread has a "conversation going" between a few people on one problem. It can get convoluted trying to fix two problems in one thread.

Saying that, what j.m. said is true. However... IF for some reason you KNOW that your WAN IP has changed and the Replay server thinks that you are at your old WAN IP, then you need to have the replay do a net connect. That should refresh the server.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I followed the picture as best I could, and it still doesn't work. I have turned the DHCP on the wired router off. it is ON on the wireless but my IP is always 1.101 and if it does change, I know how to get it back to 1.101 easily, so that isn't a problem.

I say I followed it the best I could because I have SP-2 and it looks a little different than SP-1 did. also, I made these changes from the pics on my LAN card not the wireless. Is that correct?

Here is what I did. Network Connections ---> LAN --->Properties--->Advanced--->(firewall) settings (even though firewall is off)---->Advanced---> LAN settings---> add--->name=Poopli, IP=192.168.0.40 port# =29000 TCP for both internal and external .

nother thing, my firewall says it is off in the general tab but in the advanced tab both my networks are checked as being enabled. I unchecked both and hit OK and that still dint fix it so I put it back the way it was.

Again thanks for all your help

· Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:

I say I followed it the best I could because I have SP-2 and it looks a little different than SP-1 did. also, I made these changes from the pics on my LAN card not the wireless. Is that correct?
You need to do this on whichever of your network interfaces has the 192.168.1.101 IP address. In this case, this would seem to be your wireless card/adapter. Try that.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WWAAAAHOOOOO!!!!! That did it! changed it over to my wireless one and now i get

Found on Replay server.

The IP for your ReplayTV is XX.XX.XXX.XXX

Successfully contacted ReplayTV unit.

The ReplayTV says:

ISN: 00004-54831-82278

Nickname: Virtucon

a million thanks j.m.,Norbert, and GTDaveMac !!!

now all i need to do is run Poopli Updater v0.3 and i will be able to share and request? isn't there a small file some one can send me to make sure this works?

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:

now all i need to do is run Poopli Updater v0.3 and i will be able to share and request? isn't there a small file some one can send me to make sure this works?
I sent you a 2min. clip.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Where do I find this 2 min clip? I don't see anything on my replaytv. or in my poopli mail.

Virtucon
You won't see it on poopli because it was never requested from there. You'll see it on your Replay's guide menu. Look for the red star in the received category. Scroll to the show, and accept it. It should start downloading within ~15mins. of accepting.

Also, myreplaytv.com only updates it's servers once a day, so any changes you make can take up to 24 hours to show up. That's why using poopli in conjunction with the poopli updater is the best for IVS.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok i found it, but when i try to DL it it says, after a few min, "unable to find show on remote Replaytv. it was probably deleted after the notifcation was sent to you"

Any ideas as to why this has happened?

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:
ok i found it, but when i try to DL it it says, after a few min, "unable to find show on remote Replaytv. it was probably deleted after the notifcation was sent to you"

Any ideas as to why this has happened?
I'm really sorry about that. The clip I originally sent you *was* deleted from my machine. I replaced it with a new clip, and sent it to you.

It should work fine. Let me know if there's a problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.