AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at racks to put in my closet, in which I plan to put a thermostat and a a really quiet vent fan to the attic. My theater is in a second floor bedroom, so I want to put this , BRK20-22, MA rack in the closet and I was wondering what extra accessories I should buy for it, shelf model number and so forth as all the seperate peices are a little confusing. Also I wanted to make sure that a vent and thermostat would be enough to cool my PS3, Xbox 360, Pioneer AVR, and later on a couple of amps, or would I need more cooling in a small hall closet.

Thanks

Rahimlee54

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm not going to attempt to configure your rack for you, but I do want to remind you that you need to not only pull hot air out of the closet but make sure that there are means to get cooler air into the closet.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I should split off the vent and run one into the closet if I choose to put the equipment in there. I'll get with MA about the rack as I had planned I just didnt know if anyone had any quick tips as far as that went.

Thanks

Rahimlee54

·
Registered
742 Posts
Assuming the air in the hall is cooler than the air in the closet, you just need to do something to allow air into the closet. You can undercut the door, but it probably won't be enough. Another option is to install a vent in the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts