AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tv is about to die and I was looking for a new 55-65" tv with low input lag. I found no LCD and a panny plasma v20 but afraid of burn ins I ended up looking into projectors.

All the reviews point to the Panasonic AE4000. Great picture and low input lag. But is there something I need to know when moving from HDTV to a projector ONLY setup?

Question 2.

Is it possible to project an image from a bit of an angle? Like pointing a bit downwards and a bit to the left?

3. Can I use the pj for long gaming sessions?

4. Are there any problems behind the technology of AE4000? Like the burn-ins in plasma TVs.

And lastly.

Is there an other type of projector better for what I want to do? Like the Sony HW15? which I can find for the exact same price.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
The 4000 has rtobust lens shift. Generally there would be no reason to project at an angle. When I set them up I just get it parallel or plumb if you will to the screen and then use the lens shift to put the image on the screen and center.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
8350 will give you the lens shift you need!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I'm sure the ae4000 is a great pj for your situation.

For the money and longer term, you should call Jason up about the JVC HD250, if you can get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.