AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am very new to home audio/video distribution so I apoligize if my question are too basic. I am looking to get started with some automation in my current house. My main objective is to learn and find out what I really want to do when I build my new house in ~2 years. The extent of my current system is a Xantech Hidden Link IR kit. I know I want to get my DirecTivo and my DVD in my bedroom, so I need a modulator. I think I have decided on a Channel Plus 5545, which will get me 2 more inputs to grow with in the future. I would eventually like to get it in more than just the bedroom. What kind of video switchbox would I need to do that? I know I can easily extend IR w/ another connecting block and IR receiver in the bedroom. What do I do about audio? I currently have an Onkyo 575 which does not support multiple zones. I think I would like to be able to listen to the radio in the bedroom while watching tv in the living room. That tells me I need a MultiRoom/MultiSource box of some sort. Do I also need an additional amplifier? Can I get both of those in 1 box? What about control of that box? Do I need wall controls or can it all be done w/ the Hidden Link IR kit? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DrSung

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Your questions are a bit generic and would require some lengthy explanations. There are a multitude of ways to accomplish what you are after. Try this link:

http://www.hometech.com/learn

Read the tutorials on whole house audio and video and read some of the "How To's" to get a sense of what can be accomplished.

Good Luck :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.