AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my basic streaming setup going yesterday and it was geek heaven, lol. I'm using WMP11 on XP Home to do it, don't have Media Center unfortunately.

Anyway, I've got some questions hopefully you guys can help with.

1. Does Transcode360 work with XP Home? I have some Divx videos I would love to watch on my TV. Is there some other utility I can use to convert Divx, if Transcode doesn't work, even if I have to do it offline/ahead of time.

2. Can I stream a stream? i.e. Can I stream a video from the web on my computer and display it on my TV over xbox?

3. Not really a streaming question, but can I back up or move my files/videos that are on my xbox360 HDD to my computer drives through my wireless network to free up space on the HDD? What about plugging an external USB harddrive directly into the xbox360?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
1- No. But if you have the Divx codecs installed you can use Movie Maker to convert the files to WMV. There are plenty of transcode solutions out there, some free; some for pay. CarryDVD is pretty good as is Encode360. Try googling for them...

2- No. Maybe with the Media Center extender, but not via UPnP.

3- There are several commercial solutions (XSled is one, I think) that let you connect the 360 HD to a PC to archive content. Be aware that the 360 files are encryted and will only play from the 360 HD but you could sneaknet stuff around that way.

4- You can plug a USB HD (as long as its formatted with Fat32) and access video, photos, and jpgs off it. You *cannot* move 360 content to it. Yet. It is an highly requested feature, though, so it might yet come to pass... (ditto for Divx playback capability).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.