AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details:

Running an Optoma HD70 at 150" on a painted Behr Premium Ultra White Drywall wall.

Room dimensions is 13' wide by 24' deep

42" LG 1080p LCD on a swing arm mount

Custom made equipment rack with built in fridge

Lutron remote IR dimmers control separately the main cans and the accent wall downlights and the rope uplights.

Currently have Bose 701s for fronts mixed with a crappy 12yr old Kenwood HTIB speaker set.

Yamaha HTR-6290 receiver

PS3

Cable HD PVR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, a year and a half of planning and DIY construction was worth it. My iphone 4 pics don't do it justice. Currently I'm running a set of Bose 701's for the front mixed with an old and i mean old (12yrs) HTIB set of surround and centers from Kenwood. My receiver is a Yamaha HTR-6290. Receivers HDMI video output just bit the bullet.
So now everythings up for replacement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow, very nice! I like the layout and the colors you used.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Really like the layout of the entire basement area. Well done. Now you just need to upgrade the sound. How does the screen perform? Have you compared it to any other screen material or paint? The reason I ask is because I experimented with painting my own screen and also compared to many samples of different screen material. I ended up choosing to build my own frame and stretching a screen material over it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.