AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several PJ's and have mounted them all on the ceiling(upside down). I would like to make a PJ "box" up on the ceiling that future PJ's can be put into easily just like a table install (right side up). It will also hide the "ugly" (NOT my word) PJ. But it occurred to me that maybe PJ's can't be placed at ceiling height right side up? Is this going to be a problem? Are there certain specs or features that I have to look for in order to do this?

Thanks

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclem /forum/post/15430408

I have had several PJ's and have mounted them all on the ceiling(upside down). I would like to make a PJ "box" up on the ceiling that future PJ's can be put into easily just like a table install (right side up). It will also hide the "ugly" (NOT my word) PJ. But it occurred to me that maybe PJ's can't be placed at ceiling height right side up? Is this going to be a problem? Are there certain specs or features that I have to look for in order to do this?

Thanks

You will have a hard time finding any projector that can be mounted right side up at the ceiling and still be able to project the image low enough on the wall.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are my room specs: My ceiling height is 7'-2", top of the electric screen is about 7" and the distance from screen to front of PJ would be about 13'. The 16.9 width will be about 84" (I will be getting a 2.35 screen).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes it is definitely possible to shelf mount the PJ close to the ceiling given the

following conditions are met -

- PJ has enough vertical lens shift to allow top of image to be positioned below the center of the lens.

- Your ceiling is not higher than 8' (else the image will be too high too).

So in your case if you go with any of the Panasonic/Epson/Sanyo 3LCD PJs you should be ok. Not sure if Mits have the same range of lens shift too, probably they do.

I have my panny ax100u mounted this way only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.