AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm just curious to know if anyone has a good suggestion on a $900 LCD TV.

Just want something that is fairly good sized (like a 40") but good quality. So I guess in general, anything you guys deem good for the money, bang for the buck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

ZB

·
Registered
220 Posts
Some good Vizio's can be had for around that price. Picked up the VL420 for 899 from costco not to long ago and it is an absolutely stellar TV. You can also find some of the lower end models at Walmart for cheaper.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The Toshiba 42zv650 ($950) is rated close to the Samsung B650 ($1300) and is definitely an all star at the price. There is a thread here for it. Plus Toshiba, like Samsung and Sony is a top set in reliability ratings.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
For the price, I think the Toshiba would be a good choice also. And, it's probably one of the best "bang for the buck" TVs around.

Unlike [H]gregnash, I don't think there is a Vizio that I would pay $900 for (or any price, for that matter). I know many people like them, but I've never seen one in a store that I was willing to take a chance on.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you not locked into LCD the Panny P42X1 at 599 or less is the best bang for the buck out there at the moment. I have it and the Sammy LN40B650 and I like the Panny better. If you shop around you might be able to find a deal on the B450, B550 or B650 Sammys, all much better performers than vizio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.