AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made the decision to purchase a 4U Rackmount case to hold my NAS. This thread is specifically about the rackmount case that any of you can recommend that is quiet because it will be sit within the home theater area, looks aesthetically pleasing, has ample room for hardrives with some expansion (I will be starting with 4 drives), can hold a ATX MB, and is reasonably priced ($150 or less). Please recommend a case.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can do this with a big surfing hunt but you will find it to be over your budget.

It will come with a loud psu, fans and hot swap bays since its a datacenter 19" rack case.

I just pitched a 2U HP LP2000r case w/ 6 scsi bays. sorry..it would have been perfect after some mods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well anything from the Norco series will work then also. I have a Norco 470 which can hold 10 hard drives plus 1 for the OS and I paid under 100USD (maybe 80). I picked the 4020 because it is a nice case for the price and if he ups the budget a bit he might like it, but if not then anything else from the Norco line will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts