AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon I will have $210.00 to spend on a new DVD player. I don't need one with progressive scan because I will be using this with a Sony Wega 27 inch. I would like it to have both S-Video and Component outputs, and both Optical and Coxial(or however you spell it). And I want it to have only 1 disc. I think those are all teh specifications I want, oh yeah I would also like it to be silver, to go with my Sony Wega. Thanks ahead of time...

~Beatie

·
Registered
379 Posts
you may want to be "future proof" and go with the Panasonic RP56. It is an awesome player w/ progressive support, plus you can get it at Best Buy for $220.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I would agree that the Panasonic RP56 is one your best bets at that price range. I don't know of too many "silver" units, so I wouldn't limit yourself with that if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I realized that probably the best DVDs players for under$210.00 will be black so I wouldnt mind getting a black one but there aren't any Best Buys nere where I live. So i was hoping you all could suggest one at Tweeter or Circuit, or even Radio Shack...

~Beastie

·
Registered
33 Posts
If there isn't a Best Buy near you, maybe you can

get them to match price at least, check out best buy website and try to take that price to your nearest electronics store and see what they say!!

I also just got a Panny RP56 and all I can say is

wow!! whatta difference

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you HAVE to have a silver DVD player, Sony makes an overpriced INTERLACED ONLY silver "VVega" model for $299.

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally $500 should be selling around $220. Thread poster all of the new DVDs have s-video and high band component output. All 3 of mine have both s-video and Y-Pr-Pb for high def, if it says Y-Cr-Cb don't buy it, that is strictly analog component and not future proof at all. Check out www.jandr.com they have some cheapies, just don't expect a low price from retailer Crutchfield. Coaxial is the correct spelling next time.I forget saving up for what I want, of course I don't have too great of expectations. A 28 foot screen down in the 'basement' would be just a dream, for I live in an apartment.:)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
What about a silver Sony NS300 or a silver Panasonic RV-31? Those are under $200 I believe......

Peace.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.