AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm trying to get everything together for the HT room and trying to figure out the best websites or places to buy a few things.

1. rca male to dual xlr male connectors. (Inuke 6000dsp set up)
2. A calibrated microphone for rew.
3. For HDMI cables I currently have redmere cables.

I'm coming off a Pioneer 92vsx elite avr to my Emotiva 7 channel amp to my blu ray player.
I have rca's and HDMI cables from Monoprice already. Should I change any of these out to something a little better?
Also since I'm posting these questions what do you guys recommend for a good blu ray player besides the oppo.

Thanks for the help!!! Mike

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mono price
parts express
Thanks I've used both websites parts express and monoprice wondering if anyone else had any luck with any others places. I cant find the rca male to dual xlr males on both websites though.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is everyone hooking up there Inuke amps off there avr subwoofer single rca output. I was thinking I needed the rca male to dual xlr male wires to go into my inuke amp from my avr.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have 1 rca to xlr from my avr to my Inuke. I then set the inuke to biamp. This sends a signal to both output channels of the amp.

Reactions: eng-399 and andyc56

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 1 rca to xlr from my avr to my Inuke. I then set the inuke to biamp. This sends a signal to both output channels of the amp.
I didn't know you could do that thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I didn't know you could do that thanks for the help!

No problem. Unfortunately I didn't know until after I had bought 2 rca to xlr cables. Oh well, they weren't expensive.

I then level matched my subs using the 'gain' on the DSP software. My subs are about 8 feet apart. I have to boost one 3dbs to get it to the same level at my main listening position as the other. I have had my diy subs for about 3 weeks and I feel like I just now finally have everything calibrated about right.

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How did the 18 9/16" hole workout for recessing the drivers? I'm about to route the holes for my baffle and wasn't sure exactly what size to do

If your asking me this I did a double baffle wall that my subs were mounted on and did a hillbilly way to get the hole cut to a perfect circle lol don't make fun. I took duct tape folded it in half and put a thumb tack on one side pencil on the other side and took the measurement in half. It worked.....

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No problem. Unfortunately I didn't know until after I had bought 2 rca to xlr cables. Oh well, they weren't expensive.

I then level matched my subs using the 'gain' on the DSP software. My subs are about 8 feet apart. I have to boost one 3dbs to get it to the same level at my main listening position as the other. I have had my diy subs for about 3 weeks and I feel like I just now finally have everything calibrated about right.

I'm hope to be there soon with my 4 si 18's I figure it's going to take me some time to get mine right to. Thanks for the help!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts