·
Super Moderator
16,951 Posts
Yeah I pulled the trigger yesterday.

S~

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in for one too - but it is important to realize that this is coming from 'the asylum" - makers of countless big screen knock off films - like "Almighty Thor" and "Transmorphers" - not to mention "Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus". It ain't gonna be art - thats for sure - but hopefuly it will be fun.

·
Registered
946 Posts
This is the third shot in 3-D project from Asylum, hopefully it will be an improvement over HAUNTING OF WINCHESTER HOUSE and SEX POT. The former had a decent effect on the anaglyph (magenta/green) DVD but the latter was simply unwatchable, with horrible registration errors. Not that the movie was any good anyway. A few other Asylum movies have been released in Germany as "3-D" versions, but these are apparently just very bad conversions.

I'm looking forward to see what their first Blu-ray 3D brings.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I watched it. Typical Asylum Studios fare, but the photography is excellent; with more depth than most recent major Hollywood movies! No gimmicks to speak of though; just a brief one at the very end. I would have thrown a few more in if I were them, but from a 3-D technical standpoint it is quite good.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. /forum/post/21090578

I watched it. Typical Asylum Studios fare, but the photography is excellent; with more depth than most recent major Hollywood movies! No gimmicks to speak of though; just a brief one at the very end. I would have thrown a few more in if I were them, but from a 3-D technical standpoint it is quite good.

Yep, a movie of this type with no pop-outs is wierd. Did they take themselves to seriously (lol). For me it's a one and done movie. I'm putting mine up for sale.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just finished watching after a one week delivery from BB. The locale was mostly at or in the house. The lead character(sheriff) was not very sympathetic. There were a few murders but the plot was not to my liking. The extras showed how the 3D was shot using two cameras mounted together. The 3D was OK but with too many dark scenes. I am glad I did not pay more than $20.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.