AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DellHome - Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 200GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with Large 8MB Cache for $22.26 after Rebate with FREE Shipping?!?

There are TWO $100 rebates for this drive, one expiring 9/27/03 and the other expiring 10/10/03. One requires the capacity label, the other requires either the capacity label or the UPC. Apparently, reports say the drive have one capacity label and one UPC (completely separate). Anyhow, even at $122.26 this is a great deal. At $22.26, it`s flat out amazing. You know the risks, you know the rewards. Will not last long, so get it if you want it.

If only i could get one:( If you search around you can find the rebates since i will not post links. Almost pay for shipping only and get the hard drive for nothing. Man i want this....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Either way, it's a great deal. Even $122 is a bargain, and who couldn't always use more storage? :)

A while back there was a good deal at CompUSA for 300GB Maxtor HDDs, so I bought two of them; the kicker, though, is that each one came with a free Maxtor 4-channel ATA-133 PCI card, and I was able to sell the cards on eBay for a total of around $50. So, if a big-capacity HDD you buy comes with one of those free controller cards, you might be able to recoup around $25 off the HDD price for it. :)

Not bad for something that most people would just overlook and leave unused.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
This is a GREAT deal, but tough to know if they will honor it. It's almost the exact same rebate, except on says you can use the capacity label, and the other says you can use the capacity label or UPC.

I somehow doubt they will, but I will be calling to ask.

I found the deal on Bensbargains.net which I check all the time as a habit I guess. It has gotten me a couple good deals though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Be careful.... both rebate forms state "offer limited to one rebate per name/address" while this could mean that one each of a single rebate versus one rebate per drive (i.e. only one of the 2 rebates available) I suspect that mean one rebate per drive.

If someone verifies which is the case please post answer here....

Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Socttatl,

Confirmed what? The real question is can both rebates be used on the same purchase. Not sure Dell is the one to ask, would probably be WD as they are the ones that process the rebate, etc.....

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well, the person at dell told me they are sell tons of these, so they would have a lot of pissed off people if they do not honor the deal that they posted and advertised.

We will see, but looks real possible.

I asked them if both rebates are valid and if they will be honored, they said yes.

who knows if the person knew what they were talking about but.....

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Made even better by the 20% off coupon I got in the mail the other day :).

Additionally, on the Dell webpage, it says "This item qualifies for up to $200 in rebates"

-MP

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by madpoet
"This item qualifies for up to $200 in rebates"
Of course, note the language carefully--the ITEM qualifies, not necessarily that I qualify to receive the $200 in rebates.....

But, the $100 rebate makes it worth the risk, so I ordered.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I got mine for $10.91 after taxes and rebate. Man, sometimes the deals just fall in your lap :).

Thanks,

MP

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Hmmm, this looks too good to be true. I'm ready to push the button on this but I'm skeptical that WD will accept both rebates. Although, Dell *does* show them both on their page.

Cary

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
can you imaging a terabyte server for $110. If I was real confident in this I would do some additional purchasing using friends and family. But I am going to stop at 1 because I am a wimp.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Yes, I can imagine it!

I wimped out too and just ordered one. Even if I get stuck with a 200GB drive for $122.26, that's not too shabby.

Cary

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just called the rebate center (number on the bottom of the coupon) The guy said that this is an error and they will only honor one of the rebate coupons.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Then they will get hammered, and likely sued. The offer numbers are different, the web page clearly shows both offers, and both require different components of the packaging to be valid.

-MP

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just bought one of these a couple of weeks ago when I was building my HTPC... good thing I haven't submitted my rebate yet, I was only going to get $100 off, now I get $200 off!!! :) If it says "offer is limited to one rebate per customer/name/address" can I still order another? I would need to use someone else's name and address, correct? DO they check names on credit cards?

Jamal

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.