AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've received shipment of my first IR repeater kit to go along with a Harmony One. For most of my gear the emitters will work just fine. However, a few of my devices have an IR receiver input jack on them.

Is it possible to bypass using a physical emitter and instead direct-connect between the repeater box and the IR input on the devices?

If so, what sort of cable do I use. Just a standard 3.5mm mono? If so, could I also use a mono to dual mono to same an output jack? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin_HT /forum/post/19595545

I've received shipment of my first IR repeater kit to go along with a Harmony One. For most of my gear the emitters will work just fine. However, a few of my devices have an IR receiver input jack on them.

Is it possible to bypass using a physical emitter and instead direct-connect between the repeater box and the IR input on the devices?

If so, what sort of cable do I use. Just a standard 3.5mm mono? If so, could I also use a mono to dual mono to same an output jack? Thanks in advance!

I was actually just trying to figure this out for my URC MX-850 and the URF-250 RF receiver (IR transmitter). I called URC and they said that I should be able to use a standard 3.5 mm male-to-male mono cable to connect the URF-250 to my VSX-1120-k receiver. I just ordered a cable from Amazon and am going to give it a shot later this week, so I will let you know how it goes.

Shane

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes. 3.5mm mono will work just fine on most devices. Typically more reliable than the emitters.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoz01 /forum/post/19604631

Yes. 3.5mm mono will work just fine on most devices. Typically more reliable than the emitters.

I should have looked a little closer before ordering from Amazon. The input on my VSX-1120-k receiver is a 3.5 mm mini female, but the MRF-250 seems to be using 2.5 mm sub mini. I guess I need to find a 2.5 to 3.5 mm male-to-male cable or get a 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozcruz33 /forum/post/19611861

I should have looked a little closer before ordering from Amazon. The input on my VSX-1120-k receiver is a 3.5 mm mini female, but the MRF-250 seems to be using 2.5 mm sub mini. I guess I need to find a 2.5 to 3.5 mm male-to-male cable or get a 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter.

A little $6 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter combined with the 3.5mm mono cable seems to do the trick and work great with the MRF-250.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts