AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,I know most of you use an A-lens with your curved screen(no choice I

suspect).

Do people use an A-lens with a flat scope screen.

I'm still a bit indecisive at which way to go.

I figure if I went with a flat scope screen,then I might think,jeez what would a curved be like and then I'd be out a few thou with the flat screen.

Definately hard to decide,don't mind paying for a curved and lens,BUT.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Many people simply view curved as a necessary evil to compensate for a specific type of geometric distortion all anamorphic lenses produce. Some think curved is cool in itself, many don't. Plenty don't use curved for a variety of reasons and accept the pincushion distortion. If the projector is far enough back and you expand the image a bit into the masking, you may never notice the slight geometry problems and be forever happy with a flat screen.

I'd say buy the pj and lense first and play with projecting onto a wall, sheet, whatever. Then make screen decisions.

·
Registered
335 Posts
... alignment of projector-screen and projector/lens/screen is fairly critical.The projector must be horizontally centered on the screen. And the lens 'square' to the face of the projector. There is more general info on alignment in the CIH subforum, as this subject is common to all A-lenses.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,that makes sense with the lens and then if the imperfections drive me crazy

I can do the curved,thanks.

Already have an in to a lens,now to throw my hat over the fence and go get it,thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.