AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps a sticky thread is in order here?

In an effort to promote economical front projectors for home use...

And due to the fact that projectors on the lower end of the spectrum are hard to find and demo in stores, particularly in a remotely ideal situation... How about a thread of people willing to demo their personal unit, in various areas of the country?

I've read several threads in the past where people would offer, or respond to a request, but something easier to reference might be nice.

If your interested, respond to the thread with your projector, location, optional 'fee' :D and method of contact. (see below)

Studio Experience 1HD (Sanyo Z1)

Bastrop, TX area. (Austin/SanAntonio)

MGD longnecks *optional*

PM to setup time

Cheers,

-Jason W

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
It should be called "AVS Front Projector Demo Palace"...people can either let people know what they have and when they will demo it or people can post interest in checking out a certain model of projector..

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Infocus X1

Cleveland, Ohio Area

maybe some dog biscuits to distract my dogs for a couple of minutes *also optional*

PM to set-up time

Good idea for a thread!

George

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Panny L300U

Tri-Cities area, TN

PM to set up a time

GREAT idea for a thread!

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is a cool idea, but a database would probably be the better way to go. It'd be easier to check. I just threw one together for this purpose :) http://www.nischan.com/pj You can select a projector then view people who are demoing it and read reviews. You can create an account and enter your info then just pick a projector and click "host demos" and it will add you to the list of available people. All you need to enter is your name, email address (so people can arrange demo appts) and the city/state you are in. If anyone uses it and finds a bug lemme know!

:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Strahan, I signed up on the site and tried to register to demo the HS-10 but the buttons didn't show up. Keep seeing "Invalid password" error but it lets me in and allows me to edit my profile.

Suggestion would be to add the ability to change your password, in my case that would probably resolve the issue I'm having (as a guess).

-jeff

·
Registered
361 Posts
OK, I've added functionality for changing passwords (in the modify profile screen) and a 'forgot password' so it will email the current one. Thanks :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Charlotte NC

X1, yamaha rxv1, philips 963sa,jamo speakers, hsu sub. Y'all welcome to drop a line on PM to setup app.

Dan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Strahan,

It seems there are some password rules in place but I don't know what they are. I created a password of 'avs' without the 's but whenever I try to use it it barks Invalid Password. So it let me sign up with avs as the password but it won't let me use it

Isn't ASP fun? :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Panny AE100 with OTA HDTV (rarity in these parts!) via HTPC

Jefferson City, MO

Fee: 6pk of Rolling Rock or Killian's :)

email me to set up demo time.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
In Focus LP 650, OTA, Dish HD Package and JVC 30K.

Woodburn, OR.

Weekends only.

This PJ has a rated Lumen output of 2500, so it is a good demo of how bright a DLP PJ can be.

·
Registered
670 Posts
NEC LT-150Z on an HTPC

Knoxville, TN (Farragut)

Email me at my_avs_username at tds dot net.

cheers,

Gerald

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.