AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not what they are but what the best way to use them in an HT set-up. If I was to have my fronts crossed over at one point, say 80hz, and have the sub handle everything below 80hz, what is the best way to do that. Most powered sub amplifiers have built in crossovers, but I am not currently using mine so I am not that familiar with them. The thing that got me confused is on the HSU website it says that their 250 watt amplifier does not have line level high pass. Isn't that what I would need?? Can someone clear this up for me. Am I interpeting this wrong???

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not the most qualified, but here goes.

If you've got bass management in your receiver then you should "disable" the crossover on your sub or if you don't have that option then you should set the crossover to the highest setting, i.e. if the sub has crossover option(s) from 40 to 160 Hz then set it to 160.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Monstermile
The thing that got me confused is on the HSU website it says that their 250 watt amplifier does not have line level high pass. Isn't that what I would need?? Can someone clear this up for me. Am I interpeting this wrong???

Thanks
The line level high pass means that it would send a line level (rca) signal that is only high frequencies.

Low pass x-over means bass info only

High pass means highs only

(as in only the highs pass thru)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JRace
The line level high pass means that it would send a line level (rca) signal that is only high frequencies.

Low pass x-over means bass info only

High pass means highs only

(as in only the highs pass thru)

So if I run speaker level inputs from my receiver to the sub amp, and then to the individule speakers whatever the crossover point is set to on the sub is what will pass to the speakers (above the crossover point). Is that correct??

And how would using the speaker size setting on the DVD player affect this?? I have an older Onkyo receiver right and it doesn't have anything in regards to crossovers. I will either be getting the Onkyo TX-SR601 or the Denon AVR-1804 so I don't know how they handle crossover options.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump..any more input to my post above??

Also I am still confused how the HSU sub amp works. It has line level low pass but does not have line level high pass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.