AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for taking a look! I've posted this before but figured I might start anew. I have a Toshiba TLP650 1024x768 projector. On projectorspecs.com the High Definition is set to unknown. I am wondering if anyone might know if this projector is capable of displaying HD. I am thinking about getting satellite but don't want to dish out the money for the HD part if it won't work on the big screen. Thanks for your help!

Craig Carrigan

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, put it this way if you want to display true HD you projectors native resolution have to be either 1282x720 or 1923x1080 pixels and the Toshiba TLP650 only displays 1024x768. Witch gives you 1024x575 pixels in 16:9. I suppose that is still ok and the projector might be compatible with 720p or 1080i of cause with some down sampling. To get a projector that can display true HD, well you'll be spending a smaller fortune. I would say go for HD satellite you will still get a good picture.

Hope this helped you out

Cheers

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does, thank you! I was worried that maybe the PJ wouldn't sync or something like that and the signal just wouldn't come through at all. If it just comes in at a lesser quality but still "HD" then I'd be fine with that. Thanks again!

Craig Carrigan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.