AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently moved from UK to Canada, therefore I sold my amp, subwoofer, and TV.

I currently have the following equipment:

TV: Panasonic 55ST30

Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-110

Console: Xbox 360

Front Speakers: KEF Q35.2 x 2

Centre Speaker: KEF Q95C x 1

Rear Speakers: KEF Q15.2 x 2

So I am currently missing the following:

AV Reciever

Subwoofer

I plan to get a Denon 2112Ci but I'm not sure about the subwoofer? I wouldn't mind buying a used one but I don't know what brands would be a good choice used.

Any help? How does my current setup look? Are the speakers good?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
What's your sub budget and room size?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Budget is about $3-400 CAD for a used subwoofer, I don't want to spend too much on the sub because I'm not sure my speakers are very good...

The room size, it's a bit tricky, I'm in a 1 bedroom Condo at the moment with an open kitchen so the room is really long, I've attached a pic of the living area, but it extends back into the kitchen and another open room round the corner, so not really the best acoustically...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Take a look online at Canuck Audio Mart and see what's available used. I'm not sure if some of brands I would recommend (HSU, SVS, Epik, Rythmik, etc.) ship reasonably to Canada.

·
Registered
264 Posts
bestbuy had the klipsch synergy 12 on for 350 recently.. you can get cheaper in the states, but considering the 100+ dollar shipping charge i felt that price was more than fair, and im happy with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that's an option too.

I do prefer to buy my speakers used though, I don't feel you get any less quality and you get much more for your money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts