AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I have a Samsung TXN-2434F dyna flat 24" tv. I have a JVC XV-N44SL DVD Player, and a Hughes HIRD-B4 DirecTV satellite receiver.

Now, I want to hook up my dvd player using the dvd component inputs, since my tv has those. Everything is fine with the dvd player, I get audio, video, etc... now here's my problem:

I try to use my S-VIDEO on my tv for use with my Hughes HIRD-B4 receiver, but I can't get audio on that because my tv appears to dedicate the audio L/R composite inputs (the same ones) to either S-VIDEO or DVD input. So when I have my dvd component plugs going, with 2 audio cables, I cannot get audio from my satellite when using s-video, no matter what plug input i use on the back of my tv. I get video from my satellite, but no audio from my satellite, i get the audio from the dvd player (when it's on at the same time).

I'm hoping u all get what i mean... :confused: I basically want to be able to use the dvd's component inputs (the yr, pb, etc.. whatever those are)... while still using my satellite's s-video output, while still getting sound from both sources.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i should have been more specific... :p

i asked in hopes of still being able to use the s-video and dvd inputs with what i have.

also, i guess that would work, but i don't wanna buy more stuff.. i have it working now w/composite.. so composite it is

but while we're on the subject, do u have any recommendations for my setup i described, in terms of receivers/5.1 speaker setup? (entry level, $300-$500)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.