AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1. I need to run my DVI to HDMI cable 50 feet. This is not an option. I have to go that far, no way around it. So my question is this. If I use a cable that is fully capable of 1080p at that distance, will I notice input lag with my handheld game controller?

I mean if the cable is of such a quality that it can carry 1080p signal over 50 feet with no degradation, then there should be absolutely no input lag, correct? I don't want to spend the money it will take to buy such a cable if there is going to be no point cause I can't play my games well enough.

Question 2. The new Nvidia cards seem to have shafted us once again, with a "mini" HDMI outlet. How much signal degradation are we going to suffer once we have to convert that to the full HDMI size?

·
Registered
8,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaycoolJr /forum/post/19527734

Question 2. The new Nvidia cards seem to have shafted us once again, with a "mini" HDMI outlet. How much signal degradation are we going to suffer once we have to convert that to the full HDMI size?

There is no signal degradation involved. Some (maybe all) cards that only have a mini-HDMI connection come with the necessary adapter for full-size connectivity.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You will likely experience signal degradation since it's a 50 feet long cable (why is it not an option to move closer?).

Look into boosters. Mini-hdmi (first I've heard of them) are fine, just find an adapter. I'm sure you'll be able to find them on monoprice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 40+ ft hdmi run to my tv and it works just fine. Just get I thick/shielded hdmi cable. The only input lag is the normal LCD input lag. Mine is about 30-40ms in game mode. I think it's more noticeable with a mouse than when I'm playing my xbox because the mouse is so fast and precise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts