1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
I had tried the MS 7000 Ent. Desktop and had connectivity issues with the mouse. The keyboard's touchpad was hit or miss as well.

I recently purchased the Logitech DiNovo Keyboard for Notebooks and the Logitech MX Revolution Mouse. Both products are RF and so far have been flawless from my 12 to 15 foot range. It would have been nice to have some sort of mouse control on the keyboard, but I haven't missed it yet. The mouse works perfect for me and most often I just grab the mouse when I need HTPC control that my remote or RDP from my laptop will not provide.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/16947420

I had tried the MS 7000 Ent. Desktop and had connectivity issues with the mouse. The keyboard's touchpad was hit or miss as well.

I recently purchased the Logitech DiNovo Keyboard for Notebooks and the Logitech MX Revolution Mouse. Both products are RF and so far have been flawless from my 12 to 15 foot range. It would have been nice to have some sort of mouse control on the keyboard, but I haven't missed it yet. The mouse works perfect for me and most often I just grab the mouse when I need HTPC control that my remote or RDP from my laptop will not provide.

I have heard a lot of people that liked the MS 7000, but I did not have it to personally test out. However, the goal was to show a few different solutions.

I recently saw a post here on one of the logitech keyboards on sale for ~$20 or so. Looked to be a great deal for a keyboard only solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have any product reviews, but I did come across this site:

http://www.ergogeek.com/htpc-keyboard.html

No, I'm not affiliated with them. I'm looking to order from there at some point in the near future though. I'm about ready to smash my logitech keyboard / mouse set.

The 2.4Ghz models are what I'm looking at. I don't have a need for an actual 'remote' though, so I'm considering the models with the built in mouse / trackball solution.

[edit]

The reason I'm looking at 2.4Ghz is because my logitech desktop combo is IR and the thing can be 6 feet away and flake out on me. The next day it can be 10 ft away and work perfectly. I hate inconsistency.

[/edit]

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
This prob the best KB/track pad combo that I used (I got 6 and sold 3 to clients and keeping the rest for myself) for a HTPC. I gone thru a lot of "HTPC" Keyboards in the past. Too bad Logi discontinued it and replaced it with a black Bluetooth version that don't seem to work as well. The pad works well and the combo has a good 10ft range. They were cheap when I got them as they were being discontinued. Still find them on e-bay. Regardless that the box says PS3 they where out for the PS2.

Here is the Bluetooth version. It do not come with a bluetooth adapter/dongle since its meant to go with the PS3. The bluetooth dongle sitting on the box is one that I found to work with this keyboard, Syba ( http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=34...nufacture=Syba ) based on Broadcom BCM2045.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jack /forum/post/16947647

I have heard a lot of people that liked the MS 7000, but I did not have it to personally test out. However, the goal was to show a few different solutions.

I recently saw a post here on one of the logitech keyboards on sale for ~$20 or so. Looked to be a great deal for a keyboard only solution.

My keyboard was the one on sale for $20 ($50 and a $30 rebate that expired on the 1st). It is now for sale for about $90 on most sites. Then I paired the MX Revolution mouse with it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For those interested in a spendy but cool alternative, I went with the blutooth mac wireless keyboard for my HTPC. The thing is tiny and easy to hide. I slip it right under my couch. It has a long range, and works on a PC. It will cost you about $80 though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have a clone of that nmedia keyboard and I really like it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/16947651

This prob the best KB/track pad combo that I used (I got 6 and sold 3 to clients and keeping the rest for myself) for a HTPC. I gone thru a lot of "HTPC" Keyboards in the past. Too bad Logi discontinued it and replaced it with a black Bluetooth version that don't seem to work as well. The pad works well and the combo has a good 10ft range. They were cheap when I got them as they were being discontinued. Still find them on e-bay. Regardless that the box says PS3 they where out for the PS2.

Hey, I found a seller on ebay but they don't have any USB receivers with these keyboards. What kind of receivers do they use? Can you post an image please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent /forum/post/16948028

Hey, I found a seller on ebay but they don't have any USB receivers with these keyboards. What kind of receivers do they use? Can you post an image please?

Thanks.

The box says Bluetooth. Just find any USB Bluetooth receiver.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent /forum/post/16948028

Thanks.

I think the dongle is a proprietary one from Logi since its has its own freg. I use two in the same room with two diff systems and they both connect to its own USB dongle.

I would not get the KB without the USB adapter since the chances of getting the dongle may be nill. But you can all ways try Logi support. The Blue Tooth version works well enuf, just not as cheap as the older version.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/16948162

The box says Bluetooth. Just find any USB Bluetooth receiver.

He's prob talking about the silver one which is not Bluetooth. Also not all blue tooth dongles worked with the Black one. I tested a few and found the Syba was one that work for me. My netbook didn't connect over Bluetooth, and another older bluetooth dongle didn't see it either. But most newer Blue dongle shld work OK.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/16948166

I think the dongle is a proprietary one from Logi since its has its own freg. I use two in the same room with two diff systems and they both connect to its own USB dongle.

I would not get the KB without the USB adapter since the chances of getting the dongle may be nill. But you can all ways try Logi support. The Blue Tooth version works well enuf, just not as cheap as the older version.

Thanks man, probably why its only $10 from the seller. You might want to get more since you already have the dongles. Or wouldn't they work with yours?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent /forum/post/16948213

Thanks man, probably why its only $10 from the seller. You might want to get more since you already have the dongles. Or wouldn't they work with yours?

Not sure since they seem to sync with each dongle separately. But I now use the blue tooth version for builds. Expensive but at least its available...
esp with the KB's price and then the added blue tooth dongle cost.

Tried to see if my supplier could get any more of the old RF vers but they seem to be all gone.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/16948250

Not sure since they seem to sync with each dongle separately. But I now use the blue tooth version for builds. Expensive but at least its available...
esp with the KB's price and then the added blue tooth dongle cost.

Tried to see if my supplier could get any more of the old RF vers but they seem to be all gone.

hmm....I'm going to ask the seller. They have posted that all keyboards were tested on a PC (& not on a PS3) and guaranteed to work. I want to know how they tested all of them.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts