AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This are made in my local City here in Australia.

A big statement I thought claiming to maybe be the world's best subwoofer.

I must go down there one day and listen. But I still think that 2 submersives would be better for about the same cost to me. SEE HERE

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabra /forum/post/16939397

I must go down there one day and listen. But I still think that 2 submersives would be better for about the same cost to me. SEE HERE

Curious that the page is dated August 2008.

That sub reminds me of the Danley DTS 20, at least superficially.

When people on this Forum get really serious about best subs, Danley is usually at the top of the list. Of course, a lot of the Danley stuff is aimed primarily at the commercial market.

If I was you, I would inquire with Danley about what they could do for the price of 2 Submersives delivered to Austrialia.

·
Registered
842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabra /forum/post/16939397

While no doubt this looks to be a formidible sub, the CLAIM to be the BEST begs specificity to the qualifications.

Three questionable areas without those specifics are:

Their claim that it plays "with effectively no audible distortion."

And

The claim: It radiates that bass into a room with controlled dispersion in a way that blends perfectly with the main speakers in either surround sound and stereo movie or music systems.

And

The claim: "An additional benefit of MPB is more even bass across a whole room which is not just limited to a ‘sweet spot"

None of these claims are supported with enough information.

Looks like a monster sub (and it should be for $5K) but the BEST claim seems like it might need additional support or specificity. Louder is not "always" better.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Wow, what a total lack of information on the product page...that is a year old to boot.

What is even funnier is that the only numbers mentioned are that it is "flat to 19hz" and the price.

No other information.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-fine416 /forum/post/16944745

Uh, no, see HERE It does not even have to fit in your room, you can put it 250 meters away

Yes Tom Danley is amazing.

From what I've heard is VAF is struggling a bit in these economic times and I think the claims that they are making is all advertising b******t. Read here where he says the sub only uses about 10 watts. Efficiency must be very high if that's the case.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
At the rate those are going to sell, you may be able to pick up a demo model in the not too distant future. On the other hand, since not many are going to be sold, future support would be on my mind. Then again, I don't know much about the market for $5,000 subs in Australia.

I was surprised to see that the Whise Profunder is discontinued. It was another mega buck sub with excelllent performance and reviews. $5,000 is a very tough market, and without buyers in the US, the future is cloudy at best.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have most brands down here, SVS, Velodyne, JL, Rel, etc.

Considering you could nearly get 2 SVS PB Ultra13's (RRP $2999 ea)for the same price down here. And probably DIY the same performance for less than 1/2 that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts