1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I don't like

1) Big ugly black boxes cluttering up my AV rack

2) Fat speaker wires wires snaking around the room

3) Having to remodel my room to accomodate speaker wires.

Her is what I want

A three piece AV receiver

1) A small thin (DVD player size) control unit that fits in my AV rack.

2) A front channel amplifier that drives all three front speakers (plus sub)

connected to the control unit with a thin wire.

3) A rear channel amplifier that drives the rear speakers that connects to the control unit with a radio link.

The advantage is I only need to see the small control unit, and I only need a power outlet at the back of the room to wire the whole thing.

Anyone make one of these?

Comments?

A good idea?

·
Registered
761 Posts
you should buy an HTiB that is essentially what you want. I personally don't think it's a good idea because if you care about sound that that's a horrible way to go. One amp for three channels is a very bad idea you'll get poor sound quality that's why it doesn't exist. Small cable wire isn't as good as thicker wire which is why this whole exotic after market speaker wire business started in the first place. Wireless rear surrounds already exist but you have to connect a power cord to the back of them.

You seem to be more concerned about how it looks and don't want it taking over the whole room. This actually is about the exact opposite of everyone on this forum who want to get the best sound for the buck and want everything separated and don't want everything shoved into one box. If you shove everything into one box you make sacrifices and there is alot of interference between the components inside and you want to avoid that as much as possible. If you care about sound quality your idea is definitely not the way to go but if you just want something to play movies on and don't really care what it sounds like as long as it's small and cute then you should get an HTiB. That's one reason why Bose is so popular people (generaly women) don't care how it sounds as long as it's out of the way.

Daniel Smith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.