AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just found this and I haven't tried it or anything but I thought that I would post it here in case anyone was interested. For $50 I might try it just to see what the interface is like.

x10 Lola Device

Laters,

Jeff

·
Registered
180 Posts
It looks like it just send the audio and video from your PC. The downside of this is that you can't do anything else on your PC while it the music is playing. If you can live with that then I think it is a bargain.

I would be curious to see the software's capabilities though.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that part is not new. What interested me was the fact that you could remote control the PC and choose everything from a TV interface. I was thinking that this is very user friendly for people with kids, wife, etc. Also the fact that it can us existing playlists is nice. I am still on the fence if I should try it or not.

Laters,

Jeff

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks Jeff. I'm intrigued by this product, especially the RF remote and TV interface and that it even downloads cover art. It's so cheap that it might be worth it to buy an inexpensive computer to dedicate to it. The alternatives:

music server like Turtle Beach or Escient Fireball are much more expensive and would need expensive touchscreens to offer the same amount of control. Very interesting.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Ditto.

Used to like (and buy crapperloads of) their powerline remote control modules, but after pop-ups, they'll get no more of my money.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that is up to ya all I guess. Popup ads used to bother me like 2 years ago but then I got popup blocker software and I haven't worried about since. There is help out there if you want it.

So I guess what I am saying is that since I don't see those ads I don't mind buying products from them.

Laters,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I've got a very effective popup blocker, but I still don't see any point in having someone use my money to be that offensive.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
i have been looking for something like this for a very long time. my dilemma is that the pc that i have connected to the stereo digitally doesn't have a vga out. it's an integrated flat screen ibm pc with no expansion slots.

i wonder how the interface would look on a 61 inch tv?

i could buy the integrated gateway profile, but then i would be spending a whole lot of money, plus my ibm is all black like my stereo equipment. laptops have vga outs, i don't know why ibm screwed up on the integrated pc.

if i had money to burn i would buy a black laptop. that would go nice with the stereo :)

They should have made a vga out direct connection version. my pc is right next to my tv. of course i would still have the problem of no vga port.

does anyone know of a usb device that would output vga?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.