Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is from a press release from ATI yesterday (5/14/2001):

ATI’s ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON family now includes new software features:

New TV Browser – With a TV player window integrated into Microsoft® Internet Explorer you can watch TV while you surf the web without juggling with overlapping windows.

Video CD creation – When combined with popular CD creation software such as Roxio Easy CD Creator, you can create your own MPEG-compliant Video CDs for playback on a consumer DVD (Digital Versatile Disc) player.

Better sound performance - Pitch-corrected audio during TV-ON-DEMANDâ„¢ fast/slow playback allows you to follow along with the sound track, even when the video is playing faster or slower than normal speed.

Improved picture quality – With RADEON adaptive de-interlacing for both DVD and TV viewing, you can achieve improved picture quality.

More DVD player controls – Extended color controls in the DVD player allow you to get just the right colors for viewing your favorite DVDs.

Since its release, the ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON has won praise from critics and consumers alike. Most recently, PC World Magazine has placed it at the top of its Best Buy list, praising its gaming performance and numerous video features. Other awards have included Maximum PC’s Gear of the Year award, CNET’s Editor’s Choice award, and Sharky Extreme’s Extreme Hardware award.

Source: ATI Press Release

I wonder if this means that ATI is releasing an update to their software player that fixes the problems with the current release in the areas of SPDIF and picture adjustment controls (gamma, white level, & black level)?

If so, does anyone have any idea on where we might find this update?

Vern Dias

·
Registered
253 Posts
You need to quote the whole press release to get this correct. From the top....

============

ATI ships ALL-IN-WONDER® RADEON? for PCI bus consumers

* ATI broadens line-up of the Award Winning ALL-IN-WONDER Family

============

If there was a new DVD release that you guys cared about - I promise I would tell you as soon as it was public. This is the same SW on a new piece of hardware.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the press release did say:

ATI’s ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON family now includes >new< software features:

Apparently, this is the same software with the same features

I was just hoping that the current issues with the players SPDIF output, wandering color controls, and inability to unlock the aspect ratio had been fixed. I would really like to start using this player since it clearly has the best video quality, but the numerous problems with it make it a no-go for me today.

Vern Dias

[This message has been edited by Vern Dias (edited 05-16-2001).]

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Stephen,

On the off chance you check back to this thread, I have a request for the next software release. Like others, I'm really hoping you provide global overlay controls, but if you don't, please add a gamma control for Video-In.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.