AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warner Bros. will release the New Line title A Nightmare On Elm Street September 2nd. No specs or details just yet, but we are very excited!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With Dolby Digital 5.1 on a BD-25, assuming that's the new path for Warner. Speed Racer coming on a BD-25 with Dolby Digital 5.1 is a joke.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News /forum/post/14306814

With Dolby Digital 5.1 on a BD-25, assuming that's the new path for Warner. Speed Racer coming on a BD-25 with Dolby Digital 5.1 is a joke.

In that case, I'll wait to read the reviews FIRST befor thinking about getting Speed Racer.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I can not and will not re-buy the entire series. The first one would be the only one I would consider and I'm pretty sure it will not be worth it at all, especially on a BD25 and without a lossless track (presumably and completely unconfirmed).

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
This movie only runs about 91 minutes and I don't remember a lot of fast moving action going on. So maybe a BD25 would work just fine.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News /forum/post/14306779

Warner Bros. will release the New Line title A Nightmare On Elm Street September 2nd. No specs or details just yet, but we are very excited!

This will be MINE!

And if it's DNR'd I'm going to be pissed. Freddy will look like a cheese pizza from Cici's if they do that.

Lossless...don't let me down Warner.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hopefully it´s the unrated cut.

The R-rated version is missing a few seconds of blood when Tina falls of the ceiling into the bed. Nothing major really but still...

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I'm at the point where Blu-Ray is becoming a rental only format. DVNR is killing title after title and I just don't want to deal with it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hopefully it's not DNR'd and they include the original audio from the old DVD release. The Platinum Edition release added a dts track that completely butchered the original mix and they completely changed the color timing of the picture. I'm holding off any excitement on this title until more details are released.

·
Registered
186 Posts
this would be sweet. since i allready have the 7disc set on dvd

1 - 20 of 211 Posts