AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new digicam and thought I would try my hand at a pic. It is in a lit room and the picture is very washed out. You can still see that it casts a nice picture though.

As you can also see it is not even night outside yet.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Nice. (BIG SMILE)

Marc

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Nice setup Romy. I agree the picture is washed out but it is still a watchable picture. I'm amazed at how bright our "dim" CRT's are. I had a picture in the AVS gallery of my XG110 on HDNet with 4 60 watt sconces on and it was still a very watchable picture.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Looks like your getting close to the "sourceless" light emanating from behind the screen as seen in the Video Essentials Laser Disk / DVD....

that light source, and the subs dangling from the celling are a sure fire source of chuckles from friends and family when running through the VE disk.

But Really, a very nice setup.

Josh

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Nice image, and nice room :)

One custom thing you can do there possibly is to put the down lighting on a Spacer IR controled dimmer and intergrate it into a macro to turn on the system and dim or turn off the lights! That would be cool if you have not done that yet.

I just did an install in a 15 million dollar house yesterday that had a killer theater room. I was the subcontractor to an AV company thats really not an AV company but a drywall nitch builder with NO experiance in AV that calims to be an AV company. Yea you guys know people like that. The theater had a GrafikEye system which I will one of these days put into my own house and theater. The GrafikEye is a multi zone / multi scene IR controlable lighting system from Lutron. It fades from scene to scen really smooth and is excelent for theaters. OT but thought Id throw it in!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope you all don't think I watch the pj with the lights on. I just had them on for the picture. When I watch it is lights out completely. Thanks for the encouragement. It took me weeks to get this far. The couch has a buttshaker attached to it as well. I remember when the wife and I got busy on that couch when I first installed the shaker. Seems as though she likes the vibrations .... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.