Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It's December 2003 here, and I was looking through some of these older posts and thinking how things never change. Some of you have already sold the projectors you are lusting after now, some of you are still clinging to the notion that your outdated projectors are superior, some of you are still on the fence.

No one's gonna win this race, but here's a little secret I think most of you already know: enjoy it while it lasts. Drop the mouse, the whizzy remote, and take the hand of the one beside you. Settle in. There's more than projectors in your future, but in the meantime...

There's movies to watch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, It happens to be December 2008 here, and I found this post and had to laugh as well. You see, I'm sitting here with my 3" by 3" projector that can easily display 2880P, has LML (Liquid Modifiable Lenses-will transmute lens to display all formats with no "processing"...kind of like one of your old "panamorph" lenses, except it can morph to adapt to any film format) and of course has adjustable lumen output from 100 to 30,000 (for large format applications) :). It cost $5 bucks at my local wal-mart (that's the only store still in existance by the way) and it requires no new bulbs, maintenance, or connections (it's telepathic).

So...These boards are now obsolete, except for a laugh now and then. Ok, well I'm off to see Men in Black XVII.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, here in 2028 we find it very quaint that you guys used to allow your low-resolution eyes do the seeing for you. We got our biosynth optics upgraded last month and their colour fidelity is awesome. It was well worth a few extra bucks for the extra wide spectrum option.

We also speak as a collective.

·
Registered
35 Posts
blpip beeple tipelie tutu freeeeeedulactastic jer un dez malfondunstate. Translating back to 21st century english, it means "what's up dog?".

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm noy sure what time it is here- the damn bulb in the Tardis blew, and now there are little bits of Daleks all over the walls.

I hate it when that happens.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's 2016 and I'm finally able to afford my very own AE7700, should be teleported this evening. I've heard the Faroudja 3D holographic chip is amazing.......even though the snobs in the "holograph projectors over $4,000,000" aren't very impressed with it. I'm hoping that Alan Gouger III doesn't stick this PJ into a single collective thread, considering all the hype it's getting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oobga
yikes, kill me now if the future holds 3 men in black movies/year.
but the blacks look a little gray to me... even Will Smith :D... he must be over 100 by now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.