AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Yamaha receiver (RX-V1400) which I have successfully setup in my living room with surround speakers and a subwoofer.

The Yamaha also comes with multi-room option for those who have power amps if you want to setup speakers in separate rooms such as your patio or bedroom.

I would like to do just this - add 2 speakers in my kitchen and 2 more in my patio.

My budget for the power amp is however very low- under $150.

Can someone recommend me a decent deal on line for a power amp based on the info I've given??

I've seen Audiosource Poweramps go on sale for under 100 bucks, but not sure how good it is or if this will help me with the 2 room setup though...

Thanks you so much in advance

·
Registered
127 Posts
Audiosource 50x2 watt amp is a great amp for a second zone..

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-Am...dp/B00026BQJ6/

For $100 is a great amp for a second room. it would only be good for one area though, not two. you could always buy two of these and split the signal going to each amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apkesh /forum/post/0

Hello,

I have a Yamaha receiver (RX-V1400) which I have successfully setup in my living room with surround speakers and a subwoofer.

The Yamaha also comes with multi-room option for those who have power amps if you want to setup speakers in separate rooms such as your patio or bedroom.

I would like to do just this - add 2 speakers in my kitchen and 2 more in my patio.

My budget for the power amp is however very low- under $150.

Can someone recommend me a decent deal on line for a power amp based on the info I've given??

I've seen Audiosource Poweramps go on sale for under 100 bucks, but not sure how good it is or if this will help me with the 2 room setup though...

Thanks you so much in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly the model I was talking about. I did not know it can only be used for 1 room and not two like in my case. I would like to be able to switch between the Kitchen and the Patio, with a 2 channel amp, is that not possible? So what should I be looking for instead then?

I also came across another Amp with is slightly more expensive that this one. It's the ONKYO M-282 V which is on sale for $200.00 at some stores. For $100 more, can I get what I am looking for with this one?

·
Registered
730 Posts
You should be able to get a used Parasond HCA-750 power amp for under $150. Great unit at that price. Ditto for a used Rotel RA-971 as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can all these units be used for Zone 2 and Zone 3 or just zone 2 only?

As I said in my original post, I'd like to have zone 2 (kitchen) and zone 3 (patio) seperated if possible.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
The Audiosource Amp100 has hook-ups for 2 sets of speakers... A and B. You can output zone A or zone B or both. So yes, it can output to two different rooms if you want it to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all, thank you for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate your help.

Based on what you guys said, Audiosource looks like a good option for me. However, I come across another (cheaper) amp called Sonic Impact T amp that's getting a lot of good reviews from everyone.

Can someone tell me, besides the almost 1/2 price and it uses battery instead of AC, the pros and cons? For what I need (zone 2 and zone 3), will the Sonic Impact be sufficent?

As always thank you for your suggustions.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants /forum/post/0

The Audiosource Amp100 has hook-ups for 2 sets of speakers... A and B. You can output zone A or zone B or both. So yes, it can output to two different rooms if you want it to.

Assuming your speaker impedance is high enough and the power level from the amp is sufficient for you....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts