AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install a separate round 24' dish for Satellite C at 110 degrees. Reception is fine with readings at 95 on a scale to 100, the same as satellites A and B. I receive loud and clear the informational channel at channel 99. I also receive, with picture, HDNET on channel 79. However, I not receive channels 73, 76, and 81.

I believe there is also a Pay for View channel on channel 85. All the information comes on screen as to what is on the channels. Just can not get actual programming (picture) to come onto screen. Everything else works 100 percent on my system and everything checks out 100 percent. I am going to get a new card by Tuesday from Pegasus (Directv in my area). If this does not solve problem, anyone have any other ideas? Anyone have this problem? I am thinking, the older card (about 3 years) may not 'see' the new satellite C as far as decoding, etc. We even tried removing the HBO package from my system and re-installing it. Perfect!

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Did you use the correct sat "C" LNB, or just a normal LNB on that 24" dish? As they are not interchangeable with each other.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We used the Sat C kit sent to me by Pagasus. Funny thing..Get the information channel at around 95 signal and the other HD channels are locked in; just can not get them to 'give' me the programming.

I just hope the new card does the trick. My receiver seems to be operating just fine. Next step, if card does not fix the problem, is to sub with a new receiver from Best Buy. They said I can use it for up to one month and, then, return it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You may want to try this.

07-07-03 07:20 PM

Charles R

I think you just need to keep trying different CSRs. It took three calls for me on July 1st before I got lucky. And I have had it ever since (lucky again).

I had to tell the CSR to look under upgrades since she keep seeing the HD (old package) and thought it was the same thing... once she found it... It's active and the first month is free.

POST #134 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-07-03 07:34 PM

trich

Advanced Member

Well I got 25% of the package, ESPN-HD just came on. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have 100%. I lost HDnet last week and again they don"t know why.

Bobby K

POST #135 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-07-03 07:34 PM

wilsons5

Does anyone on pegasus have the new channels active as of Monday July 7th PM , please post! There is conflicting information here as we're told that it's Directv's fault now, for not putting the activation package into the computer system?? I don't have ESPN HD & the Braves are playing the Mets right now!

POST #136 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-07-03 07:53 PM

trich

Advanced Member

Charles R.. You were right, I just called them again and told her to hit the upgrade [not the HD package] and all of it came on. Thanks for the tip.....................

Bobby K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.