AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent my professional career in designing sound systems for large venues such as churches and cathedrals, theaters, amphitheaters, concert halls and sports stadiums. I've been involved with concert hall acoustics and related psychoacoustic music research. I've also spent time on designing my own listening/viewing room. My own room is highly treated with sound absorption so that I can listen to the source material and original acoustics of the spaces where music has been recorded rather than the acoustics of the playback room.

My current system includes B&W 800 matrix series loudspeakers for all main 5 channels and modified Boston Acoustics in-wall loudspeakers for the wide and height channels. A supplementary subwoofer is the Sunfire. The electronics include an Integra 80.2 processor, a Lenovo desktop PC, an Onkyo 506 SACD/CD/DVD-Audio player, and a Panasonic Bluray player. The main front channels are powered by bridged Apt amplifiers designed by Tomlinson Holman. The rear channels are powered by amplifiers that I built from scratch based on designs of Marshall Leach at Georgia Tech.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts