AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LG 42LK450 which I use only for gaming. At the corners and at the very bottom it appears the back light shows through. If I shift slightly the angle I am looking at the screen and it goes away. Meaning it will always be black when directly looking at the screen and there will be a slight discoloration or brighter area where I am not looking directly at it. If I sit further than 4 feet away it goes away, also when I have it on in complete darkness with the LG screen saver on it goes away. I also have an 32LD350 which has similar traits. Forgive my ignorance on this, I was just wondering if this is a normal trait of LCD screens?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes. It's called bleeding, flashlighting, clouding, etc. Search for those terms in the forum and you'll find hundreds of posts.

I believe it's more prevalent in edge-lit LED displays than it was in older CCFL displays or than it is in full-array LED displays.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.