AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Still using TheaterTek (TT 2.6) to play timeshifted DVR recording of OTA broadcast. Still works good for MPEG2-based 720p/1080i.

I was playing around with editing commercials, extracting correctly-timed closed caption data, converting said CC data to subtitles, then muxing the MPEG2 video, the AC3 audio, and the subtitle stream into a .tp file (using TSMuxer).

I wanted to see if TheaterTek could display the subtitle data, but I can't find the control to switch subs ON or OFF when the .tp file is playing.

When content is played from SD DVD in TT, I can switch subtitles on/off. Is there a way to do this when playing a hi-def .tp/.ts stream? This is do-able with VLC, of course, but my PC's CPU doesn't have the guts to process HD MPEG2 without hardware acceleration, which is why I'm still using TT.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
What splitter and decoder for .tp are you using? TT does not support subtitles for .tp/.ts files natively?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/19579654

What splitter and decoder for .tp are you using? TT does not support subtitles for .tp/.ts files natively?

[Edit: I initially misread your response - thought you were asking if TT supports .ts/.tp files natively. Revised response follows.]

AFAIK, a manually configured media splitter is not needed, as TT plays MPEG2-based .ts/.tp files (at 480i/p SD and 720p/1080i HD) natively. But as to your second question, TT does not seem to support subs for .tp/.ts files natively.

TT's configuration options do not seem to support subtitle switching unless a DVD (or DVD-compliant folder structure) is used. Maybe TT is limited to standard definition DVD subpicture data, and therefore does not recognize the HD subpicture data that was created and muxed into my .ts files with TSMuxer (via .srt input).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.