AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a novice on remote controls, so please excuse my ignorance, do remote controls have codes built in for different components, for instance, does a pronto have a code for a krell 7.1 prepro, and if so, would it give me all the functions of the krell remote, or would I have to program them separately, thanks all

·
Registered
313 Posts
The newer Pronto's have a built-in code database that contains quite a number of products. Having said that I HIGHLY doubt that the database contains ANYTHING from Krell. My Lexicon MC-1 was not in the code database (not that I would have used it even if it was). On top of that the built in codes rarely do all the functionality.

But the great thing about the Pronto is the community that has sprouted up for it. Check out remotecentral.com .

At least some of the Krell pre-amps are definitely there:
http://remotecentral.com/files/c-kre...amplifier1.htm

The Pronto can do ANYTHING that a standard IR remote can do (RF remotes it can't handle and some dual-directional IR remotes). It just takes time to program it to do it and even more time to do it well. But there are a LOT of people out there who will do the programming for you at not that bad a price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.