AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unknowingly, I purchased a Sony SCD-C222ES SACD player via the Internet without a U.S. warrantee. The website did not clearly state that ALL of their hardware is non-U.S. warrantee products. The player retails for $599 and I got it for $369. If the player needs to be repaired, I need to send it back to reliableaudiovideo.com. The company claims to have been in business for 12 years. However, if reliableaudiovideo.com goes out of business and if my player needs repair I am screwed. Of course, if that happened I am not out a lot of cash.

I have 14 days to return it. What do you think, should I return it and buy a player with a U.S. warrantee for $230 more? How reliable are Sony products?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I can't answer your question, it's your peace of mind, but one other thing to consider: are you willing to take the chance that a repair during the time you keep the player will cost less than $230? IOW, if you paid for the repair yourself. And if the player broke after say 18 months, would you want to get it fixed anyway? What I'd do is run the player as much as you can during the 14 day trial, and if it seems fine, you've past the critical infant mortality stage, and you're likely good for a fair while, and then decide.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This morning I talked to Sony. They told me that they will honor the warranty period of all of their products, even if the product was purchased from an Internet company that sells non U.S. warranty items. They will honor the warranty as long as I have a reciept the indicates the purchase date. So I guess that I do not have anything to worry about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.