AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking very seriously about getting a new plasma Kuro set for my back tv room, but am concerned about one key point--room temperature.

The problem is that this room does not have central heat or air. It has strip heaters that work fine, as well as the obligatory air conditioner window unit. The thing is--if these units are not turned on depending on what season it is, things can get fairly extreme in the room. In summer if I am gone for a week say, I am not going to leave the window unit running, and it gets damn hot in this room. Same thing regarding cold temp in the winter. I usually turn the heater strips on in the morning. They don't run all the time. So obviously the question is, should I worry about having my set in this room at all?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you were gone for a week I'd think you would turn the TV off. My manual has some pretty low/high temps for non operational use (like -5f/140f). Its pretty much fine as long as there is no moisture.

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16x9enhanced /forum/post/12860687

I am thinking very seriously about getting a new plasma Kuro set for my back tv room, but am concerned about one key point--room temperature.

The problem is that this room does not have central heat or air. It has strip heaters that work fine, as well as the obligatory air conditioner window unit. The thing is--if these units are not turned on depending on what season it is, things can get fairly extreme in the room. In summer if I am gone for a week say, I am not going to leave the window unit running, and it gets damn hot in this room. Same thing regarding cold temp in the winter. I usually turn the heater strips on in the morning. They don't run all the time. So obviously the question is, should I worry about having my set in this room at all?

It would be helpful for us to know the actual low and high temperatures this room will reach, but i can't imagine it being so extreme that it exceeds the minimum and maximum temperature ratings of the typical TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts